VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi I need to transcode my blu-rays so I can watch them in VR so the audio need to be aac
    I have use this bash but it give me sometime some problem where the voice are only on the right headphone
    If I use Pazera Free Audio Extractor and then mkvtoolnix to put the new audio in it work but will be lot better if I don't need to do it all this way

"for %%F in (*.mkv) do ( Z:\blu-ray-mkv\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -i "%%F" -c:v copy -c:a aac "Gear/%%F" )"

hope the meaning can be understand my writhing are not the best sorry
    Quote Quote  
  2. Upload a sample of the source file and the complete ffmpeg log (-report).

Is your headphone stereo but the source isn't? With -ac 2 you can enable stereo downmix.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    why it has to be in aac? There are different players and I believe not all are limited to only AAC. Also what is your VR? There is free version of Whirlgig player, try it. Paid version is bit further. But you will need Lav, which you can also find on that page, will not advertise, can find it easily and i believe it is not limited to AAC only.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Upload a sample of the source file and the complete ffmpeg log (-report).

Is your headphone stereo but the source isn't? With -ac 2 you can enable stereo downmix.
    Ok im really not the best to all this to the sample what are best way to get that ?
    and for the audio it for the software don't have the royalty's so it need to be converted
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/plex-vr-gear-vr/

"Virtual Surround
    If enabled AAC 5.1 audio stream will be spatialize by the app to get an immersive sound field even with your stereo headphones. If not AAC 5.1, your Plex Media Server will transcode the surround audio to AAC 5.1 (Local video must have AAC 5.1 audio, as there is not a server to transcode)"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    why it has to be in aac? There are different players and I believe not all are limited to only AAC. Also what is your VR? There is free version of Whirlgig player, try it. Paid version is bit further. But you will need Lav, which you can also find on that page, will not advertise, can find it easily and i believe it is not limited to AAC only.

Bernix
    see my other replay whit the aac not 100 on the orther you write
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    by other part I mean what VR headset are you using. There are 3 major types of VR headsets.
    In alphabetical order.
    Steam and their HTC Vive
    Oculus and their Oculus Rift and Oculus Go (the second is much cheaper, but hasn't functionality that Rift has) Rift is moreless equal to HTC VIVE.
    Windows Mixed Reality. Lot of manufacturers, but some things that are common in Headsets mentioned earlier is missing for example modifying distance of eyes (better say customise lenses) in head set.

So for these above you can get custom players, that you want. Probably you have no choice for those mentioned bellow. Not sure.

And then there are VR headset that can provide just 360 videos or so. Mainly cheap things for mobile phones, mainly from China, or from google and others. Using power of mobile phones, that isnt comparable with nowadays computers.

Iam sure there is official site, that is prized for their dolby atmos quality audio.
    So therefore i ask what headset do you have.

And can it be just pass through? Merge splited parts? In fact not sure if still but mpeg1 you have to pay for each thing, so not sure about royalty and in what sense you mentioned it. Your Plex server can't play it?

Sorry iam bit lost. It is of course because my English, and this complicate it even more... Shouldn't write it.

Edit It seems you are using samsung gear probably.
    Last edited by Bernix; 18th Oct 2018 at 11:55. Reason: some edit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    by other part I mean what VR headset are you using. There are 3 major types of VR headsets.
    In alphabetical order.
    Steam and their HTC Vive
    Oculus and their Oculus Rift and Oculus Go (the second is much cheaper, but hasn't functionality that Rift has) Rift is moreless equal to HTC VIVE.
    Windows Mixed Reality. Lot of manufacturers, but some things that are common in Headsets mentioned earlier is missing for example modifying distance of eyes (better say customise lenses) in head set.

So for these above you can get custom players, that you want. Probably you have no choice for those mentioned bellow. Not sure.

And then there are VR headset that can provide just 360 videos or so. Mainly cheap things for mobile phones, mainly from China, or from google and others. Using power of mobile phones, that isnt comparable with nowadays computers.

Iam sure there is official site, that is prized for their dolby atmos quality audio.
    So therefore i ask what headset do you have.

And can it be just pass through? Merge splited parts? In fact not sure if still but mpeg1 you have to pay for each thing, so not sure about royalty and in what sense you mentioned it. Your Plex server can't play it?

Sorry iam bit lost. It is of course because my English, and this complicate it even more... Shouldn't write it.

Edit It seems you are using samsung gear probably.
    Hi yes for my movie watching I use a gear VR that more convenient and like to use plex for there Virtual Surround think it work ok when the file are right comper to player whit out it a nice thing imo "Virtual Surround
    If enabled AAC 5.1 audio stream will be spatialize by the app to get an immersive sound field even with your stereo headphones. If not AAC 5.1, your Plex Media Server will transcode the surround audio to AAC 5.1 (Local video must have AAC 5.1 audio, as there is not a server to transcode)"
    Quote Quote