VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I've been ripping my DVDs with DVD Decrypter to get the VOB, and using StaxRip to encode. StaxRip uses VSRip to get the subtitles from the DVD, however it has seemed to stop working:

https://hastebin.com/jihesuxevu.coffeescript

It only makes a .chunk file now. Any help? It wasn't doing this before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can it take IDX/SUB files (VobSubs) you extract yourself? If so use VobSub Configure to get them from the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Can it take IDX/SUB files (VobSubs) you extract yourself? If so use VobSub Configure to get them from the DVD.
    Well normally the DVD has no VobSub subtitles, but Closed Captions. This episode has a "Pop-Up Trivia" VobSub track so I'm trying to rip both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OLbq5Cx.png
Views:	222
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	46968

Edit: It looks like CCExtractor is stalling at about 7:35 when extracting CC from the VOB. Damaged disc? However I was able to rip the VOB with DVD Decrypter and encode it to x265 without any errors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hKWtxcY.png
Views:	93
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	46974
    Last edited by Vitality; 17th Oct 2018 at 12:36.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh, CC. That probably explains the problem StaxRip had as well. Maybe you should have mentioned they were CC to begin with? But VobSub Configure didn't get the subs in that episode? Or StaxRip got them but only for that episode?

I know nothing about CCExtractor as I've never had to use it. Sorry.
    Quote Quote