VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all, after decades I still could not find a software like Audition 1.5 that allows me to load mkv files and sync audio on the video. I tried every audtion software (3.0, cs, cc..) and none of those works with mkv. I have windows 10 and I see that audition 1.5 has limitations because it is a very old software for this operation system. I tried audacity but is not efficient like audition 1.5 and doesn't load mkv.

This is what I do with audition, synching cut/paste audio, stretching, etc...

thanks to all for any suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Current Adobe products don't recognize the mkv container -- probably because it is so often used in violation of copyright rules.

If you convert to a different container the current version of audition should suit your needs.

Example:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -codec copy output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to convert mp4 and loaded in audition 3.0 or later but the video freeze and not so fluid... I would like to know what it has about miraculous audition 1.5
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you tried Virtualdub2?
    Go to View > Audio Display then press CTRL+I to mess with the delay.

I rather prefer Davinci Resolve to do my professional work, all I need to do is to drag the audio track to position.
    Quote Quote