VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I recently discovered that my (NTSC) Sony MiniDV camcorder is not only capable of playing back PAL tapes, but also capable of decoding and recording a PAL stream. The PAL stream has to come from another DV device, though. If I try to do it from Scenalyzer, it tries to decode it as it would an NTSC signal. No other computer program will even send it. My guess is that's because the computer identifies itself as an NTSC DV device to an NTSC device and as a PAL device to a PAL device.

Does anyone know of any way to override that? I.e. make my computer's FireWire port look like a PAL DV device regardless of what's connected?

Or does anyone know of any Sony memory codes (set with an RM-95 unit in adjustment mode) that will make the unit appear to the computer as a PAL deck (as it does when it plays back PAL tapes)? So essentially any volatile memory settings that put the unit into “other system” mode?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MiniDVLover; 16th Oct 2018 at 21:18. Reason: Adding another "option."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been able to get a PAL stream to the camcorder but it's a very complicated setup, and requires me to play an existing PAL recording.
    Last edited by MiniDVLover; 16th Oct 2018 at 10:16.
    Quote Quote