VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been having problems trying to play blurays on my computer - I'm using an external bluray drive .I downloaded Cyberlink PowerDVD but whenever I inserted a disc an onscreen message flashed up saying it ccouldnt play cause the content was corrupted - this happened on several discs . After posting online about this, someone suggested I try leawo instead. After downloading leawo , at first I thought things were ok as it initially started to play a disc. But then the disc started skipping. Other discs skipped too. I also downloaded AnyDVD as someone suggested, when using that cyberlink powerdvd would initially play a disc, but again, the disc started skipping.Using either powerdvd or leawo, any disc I try and play either won't play at all, or starts skipping/stuttering sooner or later, or just freezes at some point. Is it likely to be a problem with the external bluray drive im using? I used to have cyberlinkpowerdvd on my old computer a couple of years ago and played blurays with no problems then.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are the discs original store bought discs
    Or ones you've recorded yourself ??

You also might try checking for a firmware update
    For your drive. If the firmware update doesn't work out
    Then it may be time to replace the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is your drive connected to a USB 3.0 port or does it have dual plugs so you can use two USB 2.0 ports. Is it connected via a USB hub or directly to the PC/laptop? The skipping may be because the drive isn't receiving enough power.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Theyre all new storebought blurays.
    The external bluray drive is directly connected to the computer.
    I bought the bluray drive new two months ago.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by duncan1979 View Post
    Theyre all new storebought blurays.
    The external bluray drive is directly connected to the computer.
    I bought the bluray drive new two months ago.
    Is the port on your computer USB 3.0? The plastic part of the port should be light blue. If it's white, it's USB 2.0 and may not be supplying enough power.
    [Attachment 46986 - Click to enlarge]

Also, is there only one plug coming from the cable connecting the drive the the computer or are there two? If there are two, they must both be connected, again to ensure enough power going to the drive.
    [Attachment 46987 - Click to enlarge]

I had an external Blu-Ray drive that only had a single USB 3.0 plug and even when it was connected directly to computer, it would have a problem spinning up. I returned it and got one with dual cables and it works fine.
    Quote Quote