VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to move from Pot Player to MPC-BE, however, I am having an audio issue after installing LAV filters and madVR. I originally had these two filters installed for Pot Player, but it was crashing a lot so I am moving to MPC-BE. Now I get this audio issues with both Pot Player and MPC-BE, I will hear background noises of the audio track, but not voices. If I stop the movie and restart it that fixes the audio most of the time, but when I pause the video and hit play again the problem comes back. If I use bitstreaming on LAV audio it seems to fix the problem, but then I can't control the volume through windows which is not really a solution. I even tried disabling LAV audio filters to see if that was the issue, but that doesn't seem to fix it either. Any ideas?

My setup is Windows 10, MPC-BE 64bit with LAV and madVR, going from HDMI to a Yamaha receiver 5.1 setup.

EDIT: I've noticed when I change the speaker setup in windows from 5.1 to 7.1 or from 7.1 to 5.1, that seems to be a temporary fix, but I have to keep changing it back and forth.
    Last edited by kjac; 14th Oct 2018 at 19:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have a center channel speaker? If not, make sure the speaker setup isn't set to use one -- the center channel will be going nowhere and that's where most of the dialog is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Do you have a center channel speaker? If not, make sure the speaker setup isn't set to use one -- the center channel will be going nowhere and that's where most of the dialog is.
    Yes, I've got a 5.1 setup with a center speaker. It works sometimes and other times it doesn't, no idea what is causing it yet.
    Quote Quote