VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm new here, so excuse me if this post is in on the wrong board.

I have MTS footage from a conference, produced using a camcorder, that I am trying to sync up with an MP4 video of a PowerPoint presentation.

The MTS and MP4 are both recordings of the same time period - the MTS is of the person speaking and the MP4 was created using the record function in PowerPoint of the presentation that was being given - but when I try and sync them up the the MP4 play length is shorter, although is contains the same audio content. I can only assume that it is playing slightly faster somehow.

I have tried trying to match the play times by speeding up and slowing down both files. Also the MP4 is 30fps and the MTS is 25fps. I have tried re-encoding each to match the fps of the other, but none of this has made any difference.

If anyone has any ideas about how I can match these files up I would be most grateful. I have 26 such presentations to do so doing each one manually would be a real pain.

My hardware/software set up is as and 8 core Clevo laptop running Linux Ubuntu 16.04 and using Kdenlive for video editing.

Thanks you for your consideration,

Michael, Edinburgh
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1) Were they continuous recordings ? Or were there periods of pause/start/stop?

2) How much is it "off" by, and how long was that presentation (or duration of a typical presentation on average) ?

3) Are both audio , video off by the same amount ? or is there an A/V difference within a single video (MTS vs. MTS, MP4 vs. MP4)

4) What does mediainfo (view=>text) say about each ? copy & paste the text report back here for a MP4 and it's corresponding MTS

There is software that can automatically sync cameras and actually do a good job, even correct for drift, but not for linux, and not free. Plural Eyes comes to mind
    https://www.redgiant.com/products/shooter-pluraleyes/
    Quote Quote