VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Importing m2ts file straight into Premiere or Edius never works right. It'll either crash the program or work very slowly. Some audio tracks might go missing too. I think I've read about decoding m2ts to intermediate format first. Which one is the best? I've never been able to google the proper guide to the whole process. Maybe somebody can help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I haven't experience with Premiere, just poor citizen so using avidemux. But my experience is it took very long time to read H.264/5 in transport stream. Try just Makemkv and probably it will be better. Simple remuxing. If not, you can try remux to mp4, but don't know exactly how. Actually once you have mkv to get mp4 shouldn't be so hard. The speed between ordinary ts and mkv is very significant in avidemux. You have nothing to loose i think.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've learned a great way. I used Handbrake with setting Production Max to encode blu-rays. It baloons the size of the video to 80-100gb, but the quality is pristine and Premiere Pro handles it well.
    Quote Quote