VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and copy Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 55 of 55
Thread
  1. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    O.K probably was wrong. Have you tried show preview in delogo itself?
    I mean load it for example to color or so. But it is not right.
    Iam downloading delogo and going to try it by myself. Will tell you.


    Edit: Can't find for VD2 delogo... sorry then...


    Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 10th Oct 2018 at 13:16. Reason: Edit
    Quote Quote  
  2. Attached is a short video made from your sample image in post #1 and a BMP image suitable for the VirtualDub Delogo 1.3.2 filter by Karel Suhajda. My image in post #16 was made with these. Here's the delogo dialog with the BMP image loaded:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	dialog.png
Views:	60
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	46890

    Also included is a batch file that uses ffplay to play the video with its delogo filter. You'll need to change the path to ffplay.exe. Then just drag/drop the video onto the batch file to play it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Attached is a short video made from your sample image in post #1 and a BMP image suitable for the VirtualDub Delogo 1.3.2 filter by Karel Suhajda. My image in post #16 was made with these. Here's the delogo dialog with the BMP image loaded:

    Image
    [Attachment 46890 - Click to enlarge]


    Also included is a batch file that uses ffplay to play the video with its delogo filter. You'll need to change the path to ffplay.exe. Then just drag/drop the video onto the batch file to play it.
    Hi its very kind of you to do all this. but Im afraid it still has not removed subtitles. I did exactly the same added video to VD add filter delogo. load that bmp image. I couldn't click repair as it was ghosted. then went to save a small clip of video to test. as .avi. checked it and at 1st lot of subtitles was still there. I took a snapshot below




    also in the delogo.zip file it contained these files below, but that video was just a slide show of that delogo.bmp picture no video




    so i decided again to mess with that pandys script the 2nd one in my 1st post. and got it at last to cover subtitles. but is there anyway the blur can be adjusted, as it seems a bit too much to me




    I am very grateful for your help jagabo, plus also everyone elses too. but things dont seem to be working only that script.

    if anyone here can say how to adjust the % of the blur it would help a lot
    Quote Quote  
  4. The BMP file I provided was specifically for the video that came with it, not some other video that's of unknown frame size. I believe that's the reason you can't enable the repair option -- your video and the BMP image need to have the same dimensions. I don't know the dimensions of your source video since you've only provided a few cropped/scaled images. The point of sending a matching pair was so you could see a working example.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Oct 2018 at 06:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What is the resolution of your video?? Your repair image is 1920x800. That looks like it is only one field from the frame. This is why I disagree with the advice to copy/paste the frame because some copy operations only end up working on one field (as one example, if you use any version of Vegas, and set the preview resolution to anything other than "Best," you only get half-sized videos when you copy). If your video is 1920x1080 (the typical HD video format) and you try to repair with an image that is 1920x800, and if your logos are at the bottom, then that repair mask will be completely misaligned. You can test this theory by looking halfway down the video, in the Delogo preview window, and see if you notice some fuzzing where the logos would be if there were halfway up the screen from the bottom.

    The right way to do this -- and it is so trivial to do that there is absolutely no reason to do it any other way -- is exactly what I showed in the video: in Delogo, on the Analyze Frame line (the first line in that big group), you click on Save Frame. You save it as a bitmap (BMP) file and then open that file in Photoimpact. Proceed from there.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 11th Oct 2018 at 13:32. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The BMP file I provided was specifically for the video that came with it, not some other video that's of unknown frame size. I believe that's the reason you can't enable the repair option -- your video and the BMP image need to have the same dimensions. I don't know the dimensions of your source video since you've only provided a few cropped/scaled images. The point of sending a matching pair was so you could see a working example.

    Hi I must really apologies to you. I didnt realise that video.mkv was a test I tried that .bmp image included and yes its worked




    is there a way to make the blur more faded



    What is the resolution of your video?? Your repair image is 1920x800. That looks like it is only one field from the frame. This is why I disagree with the advice to copy/paste the frame because some copy operations only end up working on one field (as one example, if you use any version of Vegas, and set the preview resolution to anything other than "Best," you only get half-sized videos when you copy). If your video is 1920x1080 (the typical HD video format) and you try to repair with an image that is 1920x800, and if your logos are at the bottom, then that repair mask will be completely misaligned. You can test this theory by looking halfway down the video, in the Delogo preview window, and see if you notice some fuzzing where the logos would be if there were halfway up the screen from the bottom.

    The right way to do this -- and it is so trivial to do that there is absolutely no reason to do it any other way -- is exactly what I showed in the video: in Delogo, on the Analyze Frame line (the first line in that big group), you click on Save Frame. You same it as a bitmap (BMP) file and then open that file in Photoimpact. Proceed from there.


    Ok yes you are right the video is 1920x800



    and I have exported this image from movie in VD



    made a red box over subs




    opened VD opened video which is 1920x800

    added delogo and said load the image above. but when I looked at preview the subtitles are still there. mind you maybe its because I have not yet saved as avi

    so i think I am slowly getting there
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Thanks for explaining that will try stronger glasses next time lol

    Btw in your scripts. How can you adjust how much blur to cover subtitles
    Seem delogo filter doesn't allow blur adjustment, blur can be controlled indirectly by stacking trough overlay frame with and without delogo filter (as overlay allow to control translucency. Alternatively you may think on processing only limited part of video (crop) trough delogo and apply result to source trough overlay.
    ideal delogo (but also subtitle removal) will use some form of inpainting - sadly ffmpeg doesn't have such filter (yet!).

    Above explanation for my understanding of the "adjust how much blur" .
    But perhaps you asking how to control coordinates (adjust area size and place where blur is applied).

    https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#delogo

    delogo in script is controlled by:

    Code:
    @rem video width
    @set vwidth=720
    @rem subtitle area width
    @set subw=160
    @rem delogo filter is centered on video
    @set xv=(%vwidth%-%subw%)/2
    @set yv=217
    @set subh=47
    Where video width (vwidth) is physical horizontal resolution of the source video (my general assumption is that subtitles are usually centred within video and usually they occupy lower/bottom part of video), subtitle area width (subw) is subtitle area width (how wide is area used by subtitles), xv and yv are X and Y coordinates for top left corner of rectangle to be blurred and subh is subtitle area height (how tall is area used by subtitles).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    made a red box over subs

    Your red box isn't perfectly red. It has RGB values of 248,20,20, not 255,0,0. It's also a PNG file, not a BMP file. But that may be imgur's conversion. Try this BMP image:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Oct 2018 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Thanks for explaining that will try stronger glasses next time lol

    Btw in your scripts. How can you adjust how much blur to cover subtitles
    Seem delogo filter doesn't allow blur adjustment, blur can be controlled indirectly by stacking trough overlay frame with and without delogo filter (as overlay allow to control translucency. Alternatively you may think on processing only limited part of video (crop) trough delogo and apply result to source trough overlay.
    ideal delogo (but also subtitle removal) will use some form of inpainting - sadly ffmpeg doesn't have such filter (yet!).

    Above explanation for my understanding of the "adjust how much blur" .
    But perhaps you asking how to control coordinates (adjust area size and place where blur is applied).

    https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#delogo

    delogo in script is controlled by:

    Code:
    @rem video width
    @set vwidth=720
    @rem subtitle area width
    @set subw=160
    @rem delogo filter is centered on video
    @set xv=(%vwidth%-%subw%)/2
    @set yv=217
    @set subh=47
    Where video width (vwidth) is physical horizontal resolution of the source video (my general assumption is that subtitles are usually centred within video and usually they occupy lower/bottom part of video), subtitle area width (subw) is subtitle area width (how wide is area used by subtitles), xv and yv are X and Y coordinates for top left corner of rectangle to be blurred and subh is subtitle area height (how tall is area used by subtitles).
    Will do some testing on the above thanks


    Jagabo Your red box isn't perfectly red. It has RGB values of 248,20,20, not 255,0,0. It's also a PNG file, not a BMP file. But that may be imgur's conversion. Try this BMP image:

    I can assure you it was a .bmp file which i saved from photoimpact. and I used ShareX v12.2 to upload it here so cant see why it says .png also how can I get RGB values like you said in PhotoImpact as I just made a red box with paintbrush over subs.

    and your PObtzmL.zip has worked so Im a bit confused as I save as .bmp from PhotoImpact
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Probably it uploaded as PNG because it is way smaller and lossless, so 100% accurate to original and saved lot of space. Other way of using any uploader than save time and bandwith i don't see . Try look in pallete, didn't know that program. You should be able to choose any color by typing in palette Red, Green and Blue values you want. Krita and Gimp are free and first seems to me be more useable, i don't like Gimp.


    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, I said both in my tutorial, and then again here in this thread, that the red MUST be pure RGB red: 256,0,0. If it isn't, the mask won't work at all.

    As for adjusting the blur, I also covered that in my tutorial (not to be snarky, but did you look at it more than once?). At approximately the 1:10 mark in that video I say, "You an adjust the depth, power, and pixel aspect ratio" to make the repair look better. These controls will adjust various aspects of the blur, just like you asked. Also, as I said in the tutorial, make sure to click the "Interlaced" check box, if your video is interlaced.

    That tutorial has now been viewed 28,000 times, and I've only had about ten questions (out of the 31 comments), so I'm pretty sure most of the bases are covered.

    I think I've done all that I can with this situation. Hopefully you'll get it worked out. It looks like you've gotten it to work once, so I'm sure you'll get the rest worked out.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Yes, I said both in my tutorial, and then again here in this thread, that the red MUST be pure RGB red: 256,0,0. If it isn't, the mask won't work at all.

    As for adjusting the blur, I also covered that in my tutorial (not to be snarky, but did you look at it more than once?). At approximately the 1:10 mark in that video I say, "You an adjust the depth, power, and pixel aspect ratio" to make the repair look better. These controls will adjust various aspects of the blur, just like you asked. Also, as I said in the tutorial, make sure to click the "Interlaced" check box, if your video is interlaced.

    That tutorial has now been viewed 28,000 times, and I've only had about ten questions (out of the 31 comments), so I'm pretty sure most of the bases are covered.

    I think I've done all that I can with this situation. Hopefully you'll get it worked out. It looks like you've gotten it to work once, so I'm sure you'll get the rest worked out.
    Yes I heard you saying in your video about depth. Power. And pixel aspect. But on mine they are all ghosted so therefore how am I suppose to use them if I can't even move them. I can see now the image with red square has to be as same size as video. 1920x800 as .bmp but just couldn't see where to make it 255.0.0 but will try again tomorrow as not on PC

    Thank you all Ever so much. It's been really informative.
    And it's most appreciated. Like I said I'm very amateur on all this but learning loads from you experts

    I will keep studying your tutorial
    Quote Quote  
  13. This can be outcome of conversion from RGB to YCbCr and back (can't check now fully reversible RGB -> YCbCr -> RGB conversion) - IMHO you cannot have Pure RGB 255,0,0 in 8 bit YCbCr domain as pure Red lead to Y:62.5 ; Cb:102.25 ; Cr:240 (709) - after truncating to 8 bit YCbCr probably some errors will occur.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    I have now tried using paint.net cant even now remember what i did. so will try again later, but made sure it saved as RGB 255.0.0 as .bmp loaded it in VD etc. and its worked as I just couldnt see where in photoimpact you save as RGB 255.0.0 I have now watched the tutorial 5 times. I see you zoomed into image. and I also have those sliders same too.




    all i need to know now is where to have these 3 sliders, also How do i tell if video is interlaced




    I just like to say many thanks to all who have helped here, I know this has gone on a bit, but I do appreciate it all
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    all i need to know now is where to have these 3 sliders
    Why don't you just press Show Preview, move the sliders around, and see what they do?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Also i think your video is in 2,4:1 i would leave pixel ratio at 1:1.


    Damn show signature, always forgot.



    Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 12th Oct 2018 at 10:23. Reason: Deleting wrong statement
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    all i need to know now is where to have these 3 sliders
    Why don't you just press Show Preview, move the sliders around, and see what they do?
    Well when I say show preview. and try to move sliders it says not responding, so VD freeze up cant do anything. I was just asking as if I move sliders before i say preview they will then move, but was just asking so i can then set them up


    bernix Also i think your video is in 2,4:1 i would leave pixel ratio at 1:1.
    And power as small as white from subs are not visible.


    Damn show signature, always forgot.
    How can you tell video is 2,4:1 where do you get that info. ok I will set pixel to 1:1 and power low


    what do you mean by
    Damn show signature, always forgot
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I mean and this is my personal problem. Don't like showing my signature, software on bottom that I used or using now. It is in additional options. Time to delete my signature, to get rid of unticking it in options when replying.


    2,4 because 1920x800 is 2,4 ratio. You have mentioned this. It is almost 2,35 and the pixel ratio difference is really small. But your latest screenshot doesn't seems to be 2,4:1 it is something between 4/3 and 16/10.



    And since it seems not be from camera, expecting pixel 1:1



    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Well when I say show preview. and try to move sliders it says not responding
    It's slow (depending on the speed of your computer and how big an area is being processed) so just wait.
    Quote Quote  
  20. The place where the logos used to be will be replaced with a blur of the adjacent pixels. You are not going to have some magic where the logo is erased and then replaced with some perfect clone of the adjacent area. What you show is exactly what I'd expect to see.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    And power as small as white from subs are not visible.
    The subs will never be visible because the filter uses inpainting, not blurring.

    The only way to get less blurring is to use a more form fitting mask. But that's not really practical with subtitles over an entire video. You'd have to make a different mask for every subtitle.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Oct 2018 at 10:16.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Of course it will never be visible. I was mistaken by white color on the right edge. Once it has rectangular mask it is logical. And you are @Jagabo right. Sorry to confuse others. Will delete it.


    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member loa909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Well this will be last post on this subject now. as I have it working ok at long last Phew. is that a big CHEER heheh thank you so so much johnmeyer, for your tutorial. even though I am now using paint.net, as cant see where to change RGB to 255.0.0 but can on paint.net so thats why PhotoImpact wont save as RGB 255.0.0 as cant see in video how. well correction photoimpact probably does but buggered if I can see where


    Also many thanks to Pandy, Jagabo, plus Bernix apology if this went on a while, but like I said Im a real amateur


    many thanks all
    Quote Quote  
  24. Personally, I'd rather see static subtitles than the big moving blob you get from inpainting.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see static subtitles than the big moving blob you get from inpainting.
    I don't disagree, although it does depend on the nature of the source material. For instance, I have a lot of music concerts from the 1960s that were recorded on stage, and have the broadcast timecodes burned permanently at the bottom of the screen. The timecodes have 1/10 second increments, so they are changing almost every frame, unlike subtitles and logos which are constant. Really distracting.

    However, because they are at the bottom of the screen, and because the talent is often brightly lit, and the bottom of the screen is either below the stage, or the dimly-lit up-stage area (i.e. the bottom of the screen is dark, with no details), the Delogo operation blends the timecode with the almost pure dark background, and they disappear with almost no trace left behind. In this case, the result is far more watchable.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads