VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Thread
  1. it should be using all gpu cpu
    Quote Quote  
  2. Giving us nformation about your hardware, OS version, usage scenario will be helpful if you want any suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. windows 10, intel i7 -8700k, 16gb ram, gtx1060, 2tb hdd
    Quote Quote  
  4. StaxRip and Hybrid allow use of NVENC (Nvidia Hardware encoding). Quality may often be better with pure CPU encoders x264 and x265, though you have to spend a lot of time then so NVENC may be a good compromise.

    Now that HandBrake is switching to ffmpeg I think the next versions of HandBrake and VidCoder should also offer that. I think the HandBrake nightly might already support it (go into preferences->video to enable hardware encoders).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    All supposing that you are using H.264 or H.265. But faster in terms of time is Xvid or Mpeg2. So nobody knows what are you expecting from output file, nobody knows Filesize limitation and so on. You can save lot of time converting to Mpeg2 but how you will be distribute your files. Probably you will need some authorization also. Nobody knows nothing about your needs.
    Also using resize filter for example will eliminate very much power of HW encoding. It is very very fast, but also depend on settings that programs like Hybrid offers. Mentioned Hybrid, because I know, it wider options in HW encoding. Simplest is Avidemux, but it has almost nothing to set and do not supported batch.
    So it doesn't much on software, but on what codec is used and his settings. Do not belive you will be used avisynth, lots of learning is needed, but in hybrid it is solved just with sliders or roll menus. Also possible in case of NVenc 2 files parallel.


    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've been using DVDvideosoft Free Studio for a years now i recently purchased the premium license and feel it was the smartest thing i ever did, many options many formats very fast high quality small files perfect for ripping youtube vids clips songs and others.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Also using resize filter for example will eliminate very much power of HW encoding.
    Yeah. ffmpeg can even use the Nvidia hardware for the whole job (depending on the source codec) of decoding, resizing and encoding.
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro#CUDACUVIDNVDEC



    P.S.: x264 offers better compression at the same/faster speed than Xvid.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    it should be using all gpu cpu
    Yeh great question. Actually it's not a question, it's a statement.

    If you want answers to questions, first, ask a question. There are many people here who will help you, people who have a lot of experience and expertise who are more than willing to help you.
    Your questions over these past days in other threads, and your lack of humility, understanding, and respect of the answers you get, leave, maybe some, puzzled.
    People are here to help you, people who have far more knowledge and experience than you do. Take that on board, listen to them, or, as many people and companies do, pay for the answers, they will not be as good as the advice you get here.

    Anyone giving you answers in going down a slippery path to oblivion.

    **rant over** I apologise...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Good comments above, but even if it does use your hardware effectively there is NO magic converter with great speed and quality.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    it should be using all gpu cpu
    Yeh great question. Actually it's not a question, it's a statement.

    If you want answers to questions, first, ask a question. There are many people here who will help you, people who have a lot of experience and expertise who are more than willing to help you.
    Your questions over these past days in other threads, and your lack of humility, understanding, and respect of the answers you get, leave, maybe some, puzzled.
    People are here to help you, people who have far more knowledge and experience than you do. Take that on board, listen to them, or, as many people and companies do, pay for the answers, they will not be as good as the advice you get here.

    Anyone giving you answers in going down a slippery path to oblivion.

    **rant over** I apologise...
    looks like you having a bad day.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    it should be using all gpu cpu
    I am guessing that you are looking for a simple-to-use video converter with a GUI, but there are none which can convert everything. So, you need to be more specific. What kinds of video input and video output do you want the converter to support (MPEG-2, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265)? What type of container files will be used for input and output (MPG, TS, MP4, MKV, etc.)? Audio is another problem. Most GUI-based video converters only support a limited number of audio formats for input and output.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  12. suggest fast video converter
    From what, to what, for what? If you want to go from AVI to MP4 and post the result on YouTube, there is one answer. Other conversions, for other purposes have other answers.

    MeGUI and Handbrake both offer excellent conversions and some batch capability, but without more information I can't provide any further advice. GPU is not really a necessary part of the solution, depending on what you want to do. Not all conversions are supported by GPU.
    Quote Quote  
  13. i want it for simple mp4/h264
    i have used handbrake and avidmux/ffmpeg/vidcoder but no one is fast enough to Wondershare Video Converter , but i want faster than Wondershare Video Converter
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it depends mainly on codec settings. You can for example choose preset very fast or ultra fast, but it isn't default in those programs. Don't know Wondershare, but supposing it is fastest because of codec settings. Check mediainfo and you can replicate these settings in other software.
    So fastest usually mean lower quality. Because using for example less reference frames, low subpixel refinement and others.

    Try in Vidcoder set Ultrafast and you will see how it affected encoding speed at cost of quality.
    Also best codec is considered x264 for H.264 format. And most these programs are using ffmpeg. There is not much difference in software, it is simply say GUI for codecs and how to setup them. Probably wondershare is using different implementation of H.264, but quality will be most probably lower.



    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    it depends mainly on codec settings. You can for example choose preset very fast or ultra fast, but it isn't default in those programs. Don't know Wondershare, but supposing it is fastest because of codec settings. Check mediainfo and you can replicate these settings in other software.
    So fastest usually mean lower quality. Because using for example less reference frames, low subpixel refinement and others.

    Try in Vidcoder set Ultrafast and you will see how it affected encoding speed at cost of quality.
    Also best codec is considered x264 for H.264 format. And most these programs are using ffmpeg. There is not much difference in software, it is simply say GUI for codecs and how to setup them. Probably wondershare is using different implementation of H.264, but quality will be most probably lower.



    Bernix
    so mediainfo and vidcoder has batch converter /batch watermarker
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member Bernix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Search Comp PM
    I don't told this. Mediainfo is only information about your video file and parameters used during encoding. I believe best for you purpose is Hybrid. But it is not easy as avidemux or vidcoder.
    Or FFMPEG itself with help from someone, it should be able to do everything with just few lines of code. Don't know.
    I just say, that wondershare if is fastest, it isn't because of GUI or how is program named, but because of faster codec settings (lower quality or bigger size or both) or different codec for H.264 is there used. And x264 is concidered to be TOP codec. When there is faster H.264 codec, it will be most probably not as good as x264.
    I believe you didn't change anything in settings of codecs in those programs. Try (avidemux or vidcoder) and change preset to ultrafast, you will see, what I mean.


    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member azmoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    it should be using all gpu cpu
    Another statement not a question as all your posts of late appear my friend! If you have some learning difficulties I understand, but
    you might want to master the etiquette of asking a question first, because there are a lot of people here who are helpful and very knowledgeable. Take care now.
    p.s WinX HD Converter Deluxe might meet your needs.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA
    Search Comp PM
    gta5, Please read our rules before posting. In the future, from our rules:

    1. Do not post the same topic on several forums. Please do not cross post, once is enough.

    2. Do not hijack topics. Please try to stick to the author's first post in each topic, if you want to discuss something else, create a new topic.


    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    All supposing that you are using H.264 or H.265. But faster in terms of time is Xvid or Mpeg2. So nobody knows what are you expecting from output file, nobody knows Filesize limitation and so on. You can save lot of time converting to Mpeg2 but how you will be distribute your files. Probably you will need some authorization also. Nobody knows nothing about your needs.
    Also using resize filter for example will eliminate very much power of HW encoding. It is very very fast, but also depend on settings that programs like Hybrid offers. Mentioned Hybrid, because I know, it wider options in HW encoding. Simplest is Avidemux, but it has almost nothing to set and do not supported batch.
    So it doesn't much on software, but on what codec is used and his settings. Do not belive you will be used avisynth, lots of learning is needed, but in hybrid it is solved just with sliders or roll menus. Also possible in case of NVenc 2 files parallel.


    Bernix
    its h.264 mp4
    Quote Quote  
  20. what is conversion time of 10min 1080p mp4 h.264 of above softwares- Avidemux Hybrid Vidcoder ffmpeg or any other converter
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    what is conversion time of 10min 1080p mp4 h.264 of above softwares- Avidemux Hybrid Vidcoder ffmpeg or any other converter
    That's not possible to answer as simply as you probably think.
    All other settings being equal there's not going to be, or shouldn't be, much difference in speed between most programs.
    You need to think less about the program and more about the settings. Your video codec settings. It's these that will effect your quality and speed.
    Quote Quote  
  22. yes but whats an average time to conversion 10min 8mbps mp4 h.264 ,
    has someone beat 1 min
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    what is conversion time of 10min 1080p mp4 h.264 of above softwares- Avidemux Hybrid Vidcoder ffmpeg or any other converter
    They're all free. Why not try them with your specific sources and find out?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    yes but whats an average time to conversion 10min 8mbps mp4 h.264 ,
    has someone beat 1 min
    I can see from your reply that you really didn't even read my post, or understand it. So, I will play your game.

    In answer to your question, the answer is "yes".

    I didn't have a 10 minute sample clip but I did have a clip that was a little over 9 minutes.

    Handbrake snippet:

    Code:
    [17:48:58] hb_init: starting libhb thread
      Duration: 00:09:02.91
    [17:48:58]    + encoder: H.264 (Intel Media SDK)
    [17:48:58]      + bitrate: 8000 kbps, pass: 0
    [17:49:22] work: average encoding speed for job is 556.458923 fps
    [17:49:22] libhb: work result = 0
    The 9 minute sample was converted/transcoded in, as you can see, about 24 seconds. The sample also included audio.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads