VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have some videos, they are out of synchronization. Audio part is faster than the video part, I want to correct them.

I have almost ZERO knowledge and experience doing with this and I don't want to spend time learning because I do it for practical purposes and I am not an enthusiast.

Any easy / simple software to help me? Free or paid doesn't matter, if paid, hope it's not too expensive.

Thank you !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    audio has its duration as well as movie. So basicaly you can do 2 things.
    1. Change duration of audio to fit movie duration. You can do this for example in Audacity. Just extract audio and make it to fit video/movie duration. But most case of not in sync is because audio is from different sources. Some scenes are missing and so on.
    2. You can change Video duration to change FPS of video. It need some math. So video will be played at speed of audio.

Audio track and video track are independent. So if you change FPS of movie, audio track will last still same.
    If audio is playing fast, it means its duration is smaller according to video. So try extract this track (you can use avidemux for this with save audio) probably audacity itself can do this. But easiest way seems to me open in avidemux, save audio as. Then import this track to audacity, make it as long as video track duration, save it as audio. Then in mkvtoolnix combine both track.

But it is big BUT. Out of sync is due of various things. And usually not way to sync it this easy way.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    audio has its duration as well as movie. So basicaly you can do 2 things.
    1. Change duration of audio to fit movie duration. You can do this for example in Audacity. Just extract audio and make it to fit video/movie duration. But most case of not in sync is because audio is from different sources. Some scenes are missing and so on.
    2. You can change Video duration to change FPS of video. It need some math. So video will be played at speed of audio.

Audio track and video track are independent. So if you change FPS of movie, audio track will last still same.
    If audio is playing fast, it means its duration is smaller according to video. So try extract this track (you can use avidemux for this with save audio) probably audacity itself can do this. But easiest way seems to me open in avidemux, save audio as. Then import this track to audacity, make it as long as video track duration, save it as audio. Then in mkvtoolnix combine both track.

But it is big BUT. Out of sync is due of various things. And usually not way to sync it this easy way.

Bernix

Hello

The audio part comes a few seconds earlier than the video part. I assume there is No problem of missing sources or the audio playing faster or slower.

both the audio part and video part should be fine but only the video part lags behind a few seconds. you get what I mean?

For example, I hear the man speak while his mouth only starts to speak a few seconds later....

It's OK to watch the video but not feeling very natural so I want to correct this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can easily shift your audio in avidemux. Video copy Audio copy and Format what you want = container. And there is how much you want shift audio +/- and it is in milliseconds.

Not sure if audio itself can start sooner, but if you have this, try just shift audio. It is painless and fast way.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You can easily shift your audio in avidemux. Video copy Audio copy and Format what you want = container. And there is how much you want shift audio +/- and it is in milliseconds.

Not sure if audio itself can start sooner, but if you have this, try just shift audio. It is painless and fast way.

Bernix
    I have a very long video , that is about 4 hours of length, it's not 4k or even 720p. It's only 700x 400 something, kind of low resolution, but it's 4 hours of length.

The video was taken in recent years, not more than 2 years of time, and the equipment should be good. However, it just doesn't look like playing back very smoothly, it's like a a bit lagging for the sound and for the video.

What's the probably the problem? Could it be the hardware problem of my side? I played lots of 720p and 1080p short clip but never encountered this problem.

Is it because it's too long (4 hours)? so a special hardware is needed to play? I don't have a graphic card installed. Intel i5 2400Mhz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD Transcend.

Or it's likely to be the problem of the production side so there is nothing to do with my hardware?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    I don't want to spend time learning because I do it for practical purposes and I am not an enthusiast.
    Learn how to do it or pay someone else to do it.
    You asked a question here which kind of suggests you want to try and do it then you state you don't want to spend time doing it.... I'm confused....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When in all in copy mode, it is very fast. It just remuxing something like 2000-4000 frames for full hd in second.
    You can do same in Mkvtoolnix, but you have not visual aspect.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. What is the container? MKV? AVI? MP4? FLV? etc....
    What format is the video? H.264? H.263? etc....
    What format is the audio? MP3? AAC? AC3? etc....

What format (both audio and video) and container must the finished clip/movie/video be in?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes in avidemux is container called FORMAT. Videocodec is called Video and Audio codecs are called here audio. But since he needs just remux it with shiftes audio, so he is concerned on Format = Container.

It is not my fault how they call it

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    yes in avidemux is container called FORMAT. Videocodec is called Video and Audio codecs are called here audio. But since he needs just remux it with shiftes audio, so he is concerned on Format = Container.

It is not my fault how they call it

Bernix
    Yes, just done with avidemux. I've shifted it 2000ms
    Quote Quote