VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I do all video library using AC3 5.1 as audio codec, sometimes I extract DTS tracks with Audacity, and then export it as Dolby AC3.

But today I found a video that has a DTS XLL audio track. After converting it and putting the AC3 audio track back with MKVmerge (the way I always do), I found audio had gone out of sync.

And it was not the same out of sync on two different videos I tried. One was just 400mS and the other several seconds apart.

Then I made a complete (video/audio) conversion with Vidcoder, and there was no out of sync.

Can someone tell me what holds the sync together with that type of DTS codec? I say that because that never happened to me before, and I probably made hundreds of conversions like that, as they save a lot of time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There could be gaps in the audio that aren't accounted for when it's extracted (eac3to is the only program I know of that accounts for gaps when extracting).
    Quote Quote