VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got some video captured using an Hauppage HD PVR 2 (captures at the standard 29.976 fps from the cable signal) that I would like to return to its original 23.976 fps. I use Handbrake to convert it, which does a fine job compressing it to a reasonable size, but does not do well returning the video to its original frame rate of 23.976 fps. I've used the Detelecine option along with the Decomb or Deinterlace options in many combinations, yet I always get that nasty stuttering in the final video. The original video is typically in .m2ts format (1080i), but I would also like directions on how to do it with .mp4 files.
    Here's what makes this a bit more complicated. I am completely unfamiliar with scripts. So I am looking for either some reliable software that can do the job for me or a step by step manual, with illustrations, that can hold my hand as I go along (the entire process from the original .m2ts (or .mp4) file to the final .mkv or .mp4 file).
    Any assistance would be deeply appreciated,
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Gotta short sample? I don't (and won't) use Handbrake, but it's supposed to be able to perform a decent IVTC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a sample
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't normally use Handbrake -- but it worked fine with that clip.

And next time pick a segment with more motion. Most of that clip was nearly still. A long, smooth, medium speed, panning shot is best for this.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Oct 2018 at 08:02.
    Quote Quote