VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Friends came back from an overseas holidays and have a hand-held camera video in which two self-centered pig-ignorant so-and-so's sitting behind them wouldn't shut up nor quiet down (even when promoted twice) during a night time performance involving relaxing music and a synchronized water/light show.
    Sometimes ... just sometimes ... do gun laws in the US feel right ? (for the politically-correct handicapped - no, not seriously)

So, I was asked if it was possible to remove those idiot's voices from the audio.

I didn't think so, however your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by hydra3333; 29th Sep 2018 at 20:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe, if it's a stereo recording, the music has a wide soundstage and the voices are in the center.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try Audacity or Adobe Audition both have a plugin 'Vocal Remover' based on the idea in most commercial stereo recordings vocals are placed in the centre of the sound stage. So if you recording is stereo you might be able to remove most of the offending narrative.... For me I would just dump the original audio and replace with suitable Muzak nondescript airline music and maybe a bit of internal passenger plane noise - easy enough to find
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, Thank You. I suspect a hand-held camera has one microphone, but it's worth looking into anyway.

In the end, if the music can be identified, then they could spend some time editing and syncing replacement audio if the footage is valuable enough to them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I know it's expensive, but a 7 day trial is available, so I think it will do. It looks very promising:
    https://audionamix.com/products/instant-dialogue-cleaner/
    Quote Quote