VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I use KODI DSPlayer on two machines both are connected PC HDMI (NVIDIA Titan Xp & 1080 TI also tried Titan V) to AVR (Yamaha RX-A3070 & Sony HT-ST5000 both Atmos capable)

I am using the latest LAV filter and none of my remux rips will trigger the AVR to play Atmos only Dolby TrueHD

As both AVR normally would display ATMOS on the front display with direct players

Please help
    Last edited by mbze430; 29th Sep 2018 at 11:46. Reason: Added video card models
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mbze430 View Post
    I use KODI DSPlayer on two machines both are connected PC HDMI (NVIDIA) to AVR (Yamaha RX-A3070 & Sony HT-ST5000 both Atmos capable)

I am using the latest LAV filter and none of my remux rips will trigger the AVR to play Atmos only Dolby TrueHD

As both AVR normally would display ATMOS on the front display with direct players

Please help
    Some graphics adapters are unable to bitstream Dolby Atmos. You should check to see if your PC graphics adapter supports it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    My bad I should have put in the model of my video cards on the OP

They are 1080 Ti and Titan Xp

Will update original post

When I play FFXV which support Atmos my AVR does show ATMOS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Both of those video cards should support bitstreaming Dolby Atmos.

Since I haven't set up a system to bitstream Dolby Atmos, I used a search engine to look for advice. If you are using Windows 10, the advice I found suggested that you need the Creator's Update (or higher) and the "Dolby Access" app from the Windows Store. Since you have a receiver which supports Dolby Atmos to use with your PC, you would select “With my home theater” during setup. I think the Dolby Atmos app is free to use if you just want to bitstream Dolby Atmos to a receiver, but it will cost $14.99 for Dolby Atmos for Headphones after the 30-day trial period expires.

I didn't find any good advice for Windows 7 or Windows 8.

[Edit] I just found some advice regarding Windows 7 and Windows 8 that suggests setting the passthrough device as WASAPI, then ticking the Dolby True HD and DTS Master HD checkboxes (Plus everything else the receiver can decode). I forgot to say that the player must also support WASAPI output.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th Sep 2018 at 14:07. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Right I have 1809 update and both system have the Dolby Access app loaded even playing those "demo" within the app those still shows up only as Dolby TruHD on the AVR
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mbze430 View Post
    Right I have 1809 update and both system have the Dolby Access app loaded even playing those "demo" within the app those still shows up only as Dolby TruHD on the AVR
    I think you need to wait for someone who knows more about setting up a PC to bitstream Dolby Atmos to find this thread. My practical experience is limited to bitstreaming AC3 and PCM audio from my HTPC to a TV over HDMI.
    Quote Quote