VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Aja KONA HDMI (price ~$900)

The crown's jewel:
    • - Capture up to 4 1080p HDMI streams
    • - Capture 1 4k/60fps stream
    • - Supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 chroma subsampling
    • - HDMI 2.0

Magwell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus (Price ~$900)

Another option
    • - Capture 1 4k/60hz stream
    • - Support HDR10 & 8-channel audio
    • - HDMI 2.0
    * I don't know about chroma subsampling

I have read mixed reviews about this product. Some state that the capturer chip is the same as the 4k/60Hz ElGato, which less than the half. Or that aren't able to capture uncompressed lossless.

AVerMedia GC573 Live Gamer 4K (price ~$290)

More compact solution
    • - Records at 4K/60 1440/144 1080/240
    • - Some people claim it has a 100ms audio delay
    • - HDMI 2.0

This are my investigations so far. I could have missed plenty of devices, I don't have any direct experience with this products hence this post. I am thinking in buy one of those, but not certainly sure if it's worth to jump from the $300 price range to the Aja KONA.

I am really worried about chroma subsampling, I don't want to find an stream playing at unsupported rates by my capturer card, but I wouldn't really need 4 simultaneous 1080p streams. Which is what the Aja KONA HDMI allows.

Also I would want to record uncompressed lossless, at least that the video card support the I/O speeds.

Will appreciate any feedback
    Last edited by P2PRepublic; 26th Sep 2018 at 07:02. Reason: Grammar
    Quote Quote