VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if there are DVDFab or DVD Passkey ads here, but if there were that doesn't mean we're allowed to discuss ripping of rental DVDs or Blu-Rays since it's prohibited by the TOU/AUP.

PlayOn is a tool that has uses other than downloading from subscription sites like Hulu and there are threads here that discuss those uses.

Again, house rules apply here regardless of what's advertised.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw the PlayOn banner yesterday. I think I have seen it before. But like others I prefer to read recc about sw rather than mindlessly click on ads wherever they might invade my viewing experience.

An interesting point from the post about DVDFab (although it might not have been that particular company). Right at the bottom of this, and every other, page are 'affiliate' links. There is only one now but in the past one company with such software was also listed. It was somewhat controversial given the AUP and to his credit Baldrick removed the link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now there's a 'strange' coincidence.

A banner has now appeared for DVDFab Passkey

It is also the same borderless type as the PlayOn one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whilst only Baldrick can confirm this I just posted a reply to a thread about network connection speed.

When I returned to the forum I was greeted by a banner from an ISP which advertised 'fast' cable speeds. A banner which I have never seen before.

Which somewhat confirms that the forum software (or more likely the Google bot) scans the posts and then publishes an appropriate banner.
    Quote Quote