VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ever since I have had Chrome installed I always saw tiles which represented screen-shots of my recently visited sites on a New Tab.

Now when I load Chrome the tiles are represented by Fav Icons and I can not for the life of me see any way to revert to the previous (assumimg I can)

Have not done anything except close the browser down normally but the next day this happens. Really annoying.

Has some update killed this or is there a fix ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's the latest and greatest chrome upgrade! the big ugly (useful) tiles are finally gone and if you haven't noticed everything else has also been rounded. no more square corners!!! isn't it great? /sarcasm off.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah. Love a little/lot of sarcasm

Was also noticeable that I have to confirm that I want to run Flash player for each and every tab I connect to. I know it's only one or two clicks but it's still pretty annoying.

Thank's for the heads up. At least it's not something that I have done or need to fix. But some people do need to check on reality. A screen-shot is much more useful than a fav icon since that is what you see.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Chrome (Google) has so many people working for them that it looks like they just do 'make work' projects to keep them working. Sometimes I really think they make changes to their software just to keep their workers busy.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Marsia Mariner
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Chrome (Google) has so many people working for them that it looks like they just do 'make work' projects to keep them working. Sometimes I really think
    they make changes to their software just to keep their workers busy.
    Do you still have any doubts?
    And we can say the same about the xoftware """engineers""" hired by Twitter and Facebook.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey DB83

Type chrome://flags as URL

and on that page search for "New Tab Page Material Design Icons" and set that to "disabled".

See if it works for you, but there's no guarantee that Google won't remove this option in the near future.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks m8

That worked a treat. Got the screen-shot tiles back (for now atleast)
    Quote Quote