VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there.

First of all I will give you a few details from what I have gathered and I am planning, considering, all my experience capturing is with a non-lossless capturer. What I intend to do is go ahead with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K attached to my pc, which is going to get the stream from a tv-box. The problem is the destination screen, it will get very messy if I have to connect it to my living room tv, hence the question: Is there a way to make the tv-box player app stream at "max quality" without having a tv with this specs at the destination?, so it can output the best stream to be captured by the Blackmagic card.
    This would make the ideal set-up next to my pc, adding only an small display to control the tv-box menus, plays and stop.

I have thought of an Nvidia Shield, as reproducer, but I haven't deeply read and investigated about it. If you guys think there is something better to this purpose, yes please comment too.
    Last edited by P2PRepublic; 20th Sep 2018 at 07:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are plenty of apps & boxes that can manage & spoof EDIDs (metadata that describes a display's specs: refresh, rez, colorspace, etc), but no device (certainly no LEGIT device) can be sold (for long) that spoofs HDCP.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    There are plenty of apps & boxes that can manage & spoof EDIDs (metadata that describes a display's specs: refresh, rez, colorspace, etc), but no device (certainly no LEGIT device) can be sold (for long) that spoofs HDCP.

Scott
    Can you please list some of the apps and boxes that can spoof EDIDs ? My intention is not to bypass the HDCP, only to have the tv-box stream at max capabilities, without having actually a 1080p/4k HDR tv, at the destination.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Any of the industrial AV system controller/switcher stuff (AMX, Crestron, Extron, probably even Kramer, etc) should be able to do it. Not cheap, but you have much fewer issues. I manage Extron & Crestron stuff daily.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by P2PRepublic View Post
    Is there a way to make the tv-box player app stream at "max quality"... adding only an small display to control the tv-box menus, plays and stop.
    You can't spoof the EDID and then have the high res picture go to a low res display. You would need a scan converter for that. And if you use a scan converter you don't need to spoof anything -- the scan converter will just use its own EDID to get the high res picture.
    Last edited by jagabo; 20th Sep 2018 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by P2PRepublic View Post
    Is there a way to make the tv-box player app stream at "max quality"... adding only an small display to control the tv-box menus, plays and stop.
    You can't spoof the EDID and then have the high res picture go to a low res display. You would need a scan converter for that. And if you use a scan converter you don't need to spoof anything -- the scan converter will just use its own EDID to get the high res picture.
    Well that's true. I didn't thought of that. It was quite obvious. My display is going to be smashed with the stream signal.
    Quote Quote