VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good day,everyone.

I'm trying to extract an audio from a HLS stream with FFMPEG, although the console shows that it extracted it full length, the extracted audio is only half long of that.

FFMPEG input:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://192.168.1.104/root/media/hdd/recordings/recording_09_09_2018_14_33_My_Recording.ts.m3u8 -vn -acodec copy outputaudio.aac
    After file is extracted this is what appears on commandline:
    Code:
    size=  391131kB time=04:38:00.12 bitrate= 192.1kbits/s speed=5.28x
    video:0kB audio:391131kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxin
    g overhead: 0.000000%
    The file is exact size as mentioned,however the duration is only 2h 20min,which means that there are the 2h 18min missing here.

I tried playing the stream in VLC to double check and can confirm that actual duration is 4h 38min.

For some weird reason when i try extracting video with audio,FFMPEG messes up the whole audio and dramatically lowers it's quality (even tho i have added the -acodec copy option with it),but it extracts it full length. That's why i need to extract the audio separately.

Could this be related to FFMPEG having some issues with AAC codec?

Any tips appreciated.

Edit: I discovered that for some reason FFMPEG changes framerate from 25 (that's in original stream) to 48.something. I don't know why.
    Last edited by Sviests; 13th Sep 2018 at 13:35.
    Quote Quote