VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have regular video of my bicycle ride from action camera, also i have log file in CSV format Timestamp, Latitude, Longitude with 1 second intervals made with my phone.

Need to find a way to combine my video and gps data, but i need to make it not in text format, but as map like in this example like in this example (top right corner).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Adobe AfterEffects
    Get a hi-resolution static map
    Create a dot/circle using pen or circle tool
    Animate the pathway motion of the dot, using keyframes which correspond to location "milestones" which would match your geolocation on a true map at those CSV timed lat/lon recordings (you should be able to input them directly in Google Maps, etc).
    Use ease-in, ease-out etc to make the flow of the rest of the path more smooth.
    Use tracking, focused on the dot/circle, with cropping, to create the moving map window.

Alternately, you could just do a whole lot of the screenshots of G.Maps and just create an animation via stop-motion (picture sequence).

...Then do a PiP insert/overlay.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I didn't look at your sample but you could use this to generate a route and it's free. http://www.routegenerator.net/

It doesn't appear to use GPS data.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That’s very cool! I will have to bookmark this.

However, OP should be aware it also doesn’t seem to support variable motion rate, and it seems to just do a route fill-in rather than the referred-to moving highlight circle.

And the tracking window will still have to be done in an NLE or compositing app (like AE).

Scott
    Quote Quote