VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I was trying to use AVI Capture setting to record gaming videos on Virtualdub so that I can edit and process at the same time. But when I try connecting it, it gives me error message. I have connected capture card to pc. I saw other people successfully doing it with no issues. Here is my screenshot I have taken. Can somebody please help me go through this? Image
    [Attachment 46680 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had the same issue when I tried.

From further reading I understood it was the non 'HD Pro' version that worked with Virtualdub and other software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So 'HD Pro' version itself doesn't work at all?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Do you have tried VirtualDub2 ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. VirtualDub doesn't work with hardware encoding capture devices. Some such devices do have an alternate uncompressed mode that VirtualDub can access but it's shows up as a separate device in VirtualDub's list of capture devices. So try one of the other devices from the list.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    Hello, I was trying to use AVI Capture setting to record gaming videos on Virtualdub so that I can edit and process at the same time. But when I try connecting it, it gives me error message. I have connected capture card to pc. I saw other people successfully doing it with no issues. Here is my screenshot I have taken. Can somebody please help me go through this? Image
    [Attachment 46680 - Click to enlarge]
    Its 7 years old posts on Roxio Forum. I get banned for it.

roxio-game-capture-virtualdub-video-tutorial/

Look if that helps.

PS: For Avermedia C985 hardware encode card I use BANDICAM or MIRILLIS ACTION with DEVICE CAPTURE option. Try it too.

Claudio
    Quote Quote