VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and copy Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Toshiba HD player, I would like to know if someone can tell me what I need to do to copy my HD DVDís to Bluray.
    What program to I need?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you dont need menus try copying it with makemkv. Then take the mkv file and drop into tsmuxer and select bluray folder output. If you want a menu etc then take the mkv file and drop it into multiavchd. I won't elaborate on the 2nd option as the 1st may be fine for you.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BD-RB by jdobbs. It will automatically re-encode (if needed) to be Blu-ray compliant, since the two standards have different specifications.

But the Toshiba HD DVD player won't be able to play it because it does not support Blu-ray discs. A Blu-ray player would be needed to play the disc.
    Last edited by Vidd; 4th Sep 2018 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    BD-RB by jdobbs. It will automatically re-encode (if needed) to be Blu-ray compliant, since the two standards have different specifications.

But the Toshiba HD DVD player won't be able to play it because it does not support Blu-ray discs. A Blu-ray player would be needed to play the disc.

What he said
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Thefile View Post
    I have a Toshiba HD player, I would like to know if someone can tell me what I need to do to copy my HD DVDís to Bluray.
    What program to I need?
    Do you have an HD DVD player which connects to a TV or an HD DVD drive for a PC? You need a PC-compatible optical drive that can read HD DVDs to be able to use ripping software like MakeMKV for copying the discs. Otherwise, you need an HD capture device and capture software.

I've read some posts indicating that HD DVD decryption works using older versions of MakeMKV, but not newer versions. You may need to get help from their forum to find and enable an old version that works. Once the industry switched to Blu-ray for HD video, interest in maintaining HD DVD ripping software died out., it is possible that some discs of your discs won't decrypt.

Once you have a decrypted copy of the video and audio, you'll need to convert to Blu-ray. BD Rebuilder is one program that is able to convert the video and audio to meet the Blu-ray standard.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    You need a PC-compatible optical drive that can read HD DVDs to be able to use ripping software like MakeMKV for copying the discs.
    Good point. I totally overlooked that.

I remember the old external XBOX 360 HD DVD drives could be hooked up to PCs via USB. That would be your best bet at finding a HD DVD PC drive. AnyDVD still has the HD DVD ripping function.

Depending on the number of HD DVD movies you have, it may be cheaper and easier to rebuy the movies on Blu-ray. I usually buy used discs on Amazon for a low price. My local library even sells discarded Blu-ray movies for $2 each. You just have to look around to get a good deal.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Guys
    Quote Quote