VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to report a bug and request a Fix for VOB2MPG, so that it can work on Windows 10.

The fact of the matter is, microsoft is pushing the world to upgrade to windows 10. If you can't keep your software up to date to work correctly in Windows 10, you can't make software. Plain and simple.

So I find it completely unacceptable that upon installation of VOB2MPG in a clean and bug free install of Windows 10, right off the bat it firstly installs no shortcut anywhere to find easily, and then once you find where it is installed, displays only a cryptic error message that googling finds very little as far as useful information.

The only suggetions I've found is that dotNet 3.5 is required. Which is already built in and enabled with Windows 10, and cannot be installed separately with the downloadable installer.

I don't expect you are going to be selling many pro copies if the free version can't even install to be opened.

I was going to attach an image of the error, but the Upload Image link in this forum doesn't work properly. It lets me select an image file, but never actually uploads it.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 14019
Size:  6.8 KB

Please fix.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Upon searching I found a thread in here that instructs one to add the mscoree.dll file to the installation folder.

Rather unprofessional for software to require finding necessary files, and not even providing any such instruction.

This has the program opening, but now I get this error
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	587
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	46627

WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

If you want to stand a chance of selling any software, could you please, for the love of god, making a working Windows 10 installer?

This is beyond ridiculous!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try DVDVob2Mpg. It's a bit newer and runs OK on my W10 PCs. VOB2MPG hasn't been updated in quite some time.
    That said, many of our members convert to a more compact format,such as MKV, H.264 or H.265. I use VidCoder for that,
    directly from the optical drive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VOB2MPG hasn't been updated since 2010. What's ridiculous is your complaining about it.

By the way, I have a copy on my NAS and just ran it on a Win10 computer. mscoree.dll is in the same folder. I don't have a rip to test it with but it started up and was ready to go.
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Aug 2018 at 00:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by armyofquad View Post
    I would like to report a bug and request a Fix for VOB2MPG, so that it can work on Windows 10.

The fact of the matter is, microsoft is pushing the world to upgrade to windows 10. If you can't keep your software up to date to work correctly in Windows 10, you can't make software. Plain and simple.

So I find it completely unacceptable that upon installation of VOB2MPG in a clean and bug free install of Windows 10, right off the bat it firstly installs no shortcut anywhere to find easily, and then once you find where it is installed, displays only a cryptic error message that googling finds very little as far as useful information.

The only suggetions I've found is that dotNet 3.5 is required. Which is already built in and enabled with Windows 10, and cannot be installed separately with the downloadable installer.

I don't expect you are going to be selling many pro copies if the free version can't even install to be opened.

I was going to attach an image of the error, but the Upload Image link in this forum doesn't work properly. It lets me select an image file, but never actually uploads it.

[Attachment 46626 - Click to enlarge]

Please fix.

Thanks.
    Try right clicking on the to vob2 mpg icon - click properties - compatibility - try running the program under windows 7
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well you are trying to run the program in xenocode virtual machine witch might not be possible.

The machine type error is probably because you are running it inside a virtual-machine, so the license may not be valid for that virtual-machine?

I agree with jagabo, its old and not maintained anymore so maybe you have to find other software that fit your needs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. An additional hint:

VOB2MPG ran on Win10 as reported earlier. But that was 32 bit Win10. I tried on another computer running 64 bit Win10 and it did not run there. Windows gave an error dialog saying something like the "program won't run on this version of windows."
    Quote Quote