VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Those who own a Panasonic NV-HS860 know that after loading the tape it displays this message: Checking tape number. Please wait! And then afterwards: Tape ID could not be detected. I don't know if this is a Feature found only on HS860, but for me it is very annoying because I can't find a way how to disable this function.
    It is annoying because I know that there is no ID on my or other's VHS tapes and because of that it is a complete waste of time. So at first I have to wait and so waste some time. And secondly after checking the tape number the tape transport has to rewind the tape slightly back to the start. For some reason (possibly a bad belt) my HS860 has problems to Rewind back when the tape is close to the beginning and so i must use my other VCR to Rewind the tape. Not to blame my HS860 I must tell that it Rewinds properly when the tape is not near the start position. And it Rewinds fine tapes in good condition.
    Maybe someone knows how to disable this function? There is a way how to override this feature- you must imediatly push the Play button while the tape is loading. But that does not work for 100%.

Thanks,
    Maris
    Panasonic NV-HS860, LG LV 880 HiFi 6 Head, Sony SLV-SE 630 HiFi, LG BL-162W, Sony TRV33E miniDV for Capture, Canopus ADVC 55, Panasonic DMR-ES10, Sony Vegas Pro12, WinDV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Break the record safe tab off the cassette and the library system will not run.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Break the record safe tab off the cassette and the library system will not run.
    That's OK. But I would not brake this tab off, if the cassette is not mine.
    Panasonic NV-HS860, LG LV 880 HiFi 6 Head, Sony SLV-SE 630 HiFi, LG BL-162W, Sony TRV33E miniDV for Capture, Canopus ADVC 55, Panasonic DMR-ES10, Sony Vegas Pro12, WinDV
    Quote Quote