VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I wonder if there is an easy solution to compare two video files (one is original, other is converted output) to check if the frames of the converted one was shifted? The source is interlaced, the output is interlaced, but field order changed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use Subtract() in AviSynth:

Code:
    v1 = LWlibavVideoSource("video1.mkv")
    v2 = LWlibavVideoSource("video2.mkv") # use Loop or Trim to align them if they start at different frames
    Subtract(v1,v2)
    ColorYUV(cont_y=2000) # make differences more visible
    Open the script in VirtualDub and scrub through it. Differences will be very obvious.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I also tried to mach interlaced to progressive (deinterlaced). I tried that with exporting 2 frames from each video from Virtualdub as jpeg, and compare them in Vegas placing them above each other on the timeline. I guess this way I have to focus on horizontal comparison, shouldn't I? I can see when I switch from progressive to interlaced variant that the preview is doing a vertical jump, very likely because of the fact that the deinterlaced image is between the two fields regarding height. Horizontally there is no jump occuring when switching, so that should mean the deinterlaced frame is on time, isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Horizontally there is no jump occuring when switching, so that should mean the deinterlaced frame is on time, isn't it?
    Yes. Assuming there's horizontal motion in the shot.
    Quote Quote