I know the thread is dated but wanted to get this off my chest in case 'I.WANT.IT.NOW' returns..So, that's it, then?
Hey jughead. There's some things I find in ppl that I absolutely can't stand and one of them is the notion that they are entitled bitches especially to something that is entirely free. Program authors lead regular lives too and juggle jobs, family and other commitments while providing tools such as this for everyone. They're not here for your beck and call whenever YOU decide there's something YOU need. And that "extra step" might take you..like what 4 minutes? Really? Lazy sh*t.
Like video.baba said: "I suggest you find an equivalent tool, a paid tool, for which you can demand support."
+ Reply to Thread
Results 61 to 73 of 73
Was side tracked a little but actually came here to express my utmost appreciation to video.baba for the tireless work he's done on a fabulous program I only discovered and used for the first time today. I know it will make my work easier and is a wonderful addition to my toolbox. Thanks so much sir!
Click the audio filter button in the 'Tracks' window.
-f --frame-len <value> Frame length, in milliseconds [default: 500] -g --gauss-size <value> Gauss filter size, in frames [default: 31] -p --peak <value> Target peak magnitude, 0.1-1 [default: 0.95] -m --max-gain <value> Maximum gain factor [default: 10.00] -r --target-rms <value> Target RMS value [default: 0.00] -n --no-coupling Disable channel coupling [default: on] -c --correct-dc Enable the DC bias correction [default: off] -b --alt-boundary Use alternative boundary mode [default: off] -s --compress <value> Compress the input data [default: 0.00]
Merry Xmas everyone
I am glad I found this tool! One quick question...
When I convert MKV to mp4 I loose chapter marks. Is there a way to preserve chapter settings in mp4?
I love this program, its simple, quick and does everything I want it to! However, I come from using Subler on the Mac which changes the output file from HEV1 to HVC1 for Apple compatibility. I know with ffmpeg you can can do this with -tag:v hvc1, just wondered if there was an option I was missing within BOX4 to allow me to set this as default as non of the files will work with my iPad.
Thanks for the help!
Not sure if this *awesome* program is still being updated, but here's a couple of things to look in to if it is! Apologies if any of these points have already been addressed!
1) As stated in an earlier post (but I didn't see a response), chapter markers are not copied (at least when converting from MKV to MP4). This is the main reason I'm still having to use other programs in addition to BOX4 (primarily VidCoder, but it's sooooo slow in comparison!)
2) When adding a file to convert, it would be useful if the program could scan the source folder for external subtitles (perhaps only if there are no internal ones), looking for a subtitle file with the same name as the source file or, if there is only one video file and one subtitle file in the folder assume the subtitle file is for the source file. In both these cases, the subtitle file could be added but not selected (or have an option to choose if that subtitle file is/isn't selected by default).
3) If the sole audio track or subtitle track is unknown language, assume (or option to assume) language/subtitle is correct but just not defined correctly in source file (and therefore select it)
4) Add visual indicator for 'assumed to be correct' audio/subtitle or unknown language (see points 2/3 above). Where numbers are currently shown as Green for selected and Red for not selected, perhaps add Yellow for 'selected, but needs to be confirmed by user'.
5) Default path for importing subtitles does not seem to be remembered (always reverts to \UserProfile\Videos). Would be better if path was set to the same as the source file if not implementing point 2 above.
6) Include support for AVI convertion (from AVI to MP4) would be nice!
7) When adding multiple video files (more than 5), return to the top of the list once all files have been added. Currently the program auto-scrolls with each added file and then stays at the bottom of the list.
8) When converting a file with graphical subtitles, option to write subtitles to external file would be useful.
Hope you find this information/suggestions useful!