BOX4 V3 (FINAL)
New version 3, re-written from scratch from the version 2 branch.
Version 3 has been in 'beta' for many months, no reported crashes - should be very stable.
Version 3 is an X64 application programmed using VB.NET (WPF) on Windows 10.
Version 184.108.40.206 requires .NET Framework v4.7.2
. . VIDEO: AVC H.264|HEVC H.265|VP9|VC-1
. . AUDIO: PCM_S24LE|PCM_S16LE|PCM_DVD|FLAC|VORBIS|OPUS|TRUEH D|DTS|DCA|EAC3|AC3|AAC|AAC_LATM|MP3|MP2
.SUBTITLE: SUBRIP(SRT)|SSA|ASS|MOV_TEXT|WEBVTT|HDMV_PGS_SUBTI TLE|DVD_SUBTITLE|DVB_SUBTITLE
. . VIDEO: COPY (*SAME AS INPUT*)
. . AUDIO: AC3|AAC|MP3|COPY (*SAME AS INPUT*)
. FILTERS: AUDNORM & DYANORM (Audio Normalisers) (Read the FFMPEG documentations for details)
.SUBTITLE: TEXT/BITMAP formats (TEXT in MP4 are Apple compatible)
*NOT ALL THE ABOVE OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR MP4 OUTPUT FILES*
DOWNLOAD SETUP (16MB)
DOWNLOAD PORTABLE (23MB)
*** QUICK START GUIDE BELOW ***
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 53
Last edited by video.baba; 15th Feb 2019 at 20:14. Reason: Update
[QUICK START GUIDE]
Screen Shots' explain most of everything you need to know.
The way 'automatic' AUDIO & SUBTITLE selection works (SETTINGS & PROFILES) is explained below...
[SETTINGS & PROFILES]
Coming soon... (Wait a day - I'm tired. Been on a busy train all day.)
FOR THE PROGRAMMING NERDS & CURIOUS USERS: (Input Procedure)
Load File, or Files (Input Files placed in 'List(of String)')
Background Worker used to scan the File using FFMPEG, file information obtained via FFMPEG JSON output.
WORKER/JSON/FILE CHECKS: (All these happen to each File)
- Check for WORKER ERROR - (An error that's a 'biggy') - stop all - Notify user.
- Check for WORKER EMPTY - (No result (information) was received from the Background Worker) - stop all - Notify user.
I didn't want the program to stop in FOLDER (or DRAG 'N" DROP) mode just because there was a problem with one or two files.
Imagine you drop 40 files and the whole thing stops just because of one file... Or you get notified of 10 files it can't load!
Problem, or incompatible files, in FOLDER mode, or DRAG 'N' DROP mode, will just be skipped, you'll get no notification.
- Check file 'Format' is available (NOTHING). If not, Notify user (Remember!, all these only notify in FILE mode).
- Check file 'Streams' count. If there's no streams (tracks) then there's nothing I can do - skip - notify user!
- Check file 'Programs' count. If there's multiple programs - skip - notify user!
- Check file 'Duration'. If no duration, or less than 4 seconds - skip - notify user!
- Check file 'Format'. If not supported - skip - notify user!
- Check 'Video Stream' count. If it has no video, then I'm not interested - skip - notify user!
- Check 'Video Codec'. Is it a H264 VP9 etc? If not - skip - notify user!
- Anything I missed with the input checks? Please comment if I have missed something.
- Would you like any other breakdowns of what BOX4 does?
Last edited by video.baba; 15th Feb 2019 at 10:38. Reason: update
Great...all the fetaures I was expecting...thanks!!!
Good to hear. Give it a good test when you have time and report back
No problems reported from previous BETA1
Now updated to BOX4 version 3 (BETA-2)
- Fixed mp4|mkv profile button same file (extention) I/O check.
- Added the ability to edit the audio normaliser LOUDNORM parameters 'I|LRA|TP'.
- Editible TextBoxes (Title & Normaliser 'dynaudnorm-loudnorm' options) highlight all on selection.
- A few font changes to add a little continuity.
- Simplified the input video|audio|subtitle|attachment format checks.
- Some trivial GUI/control/geometry changes and alignments.
- Various (too many to list and/or forgotten) small code improvements.
If there's no errors/bugs/faults with this version, it will become version 3. (after extensive post-checking of course).
Please note: "LOUDNORM" takes *a lot* longer that "DYNAUDNORM"
Last edited by izel; 16th Apr 2019 at 12:03.
Fantastic software/tool!! I've been looking for something like this for years and it's exactly what I need for my purposes. Many thanks for the effort and work on the developer.
Guys, thank you for the nice words, it is nice. People can be little shits at time, but, they can also be really nice. Thank you.
Last edited by video.baba; 8th Oct 2018 at 07:45.
This happens to me regularly and only with V3...when I process several files (simply copy process removing unneeded audio and subs tracks) the first few files are processed at impressive high speed then from file to file speed decrease noticeably and I'm talking from about 5000 fps to lower than 100...tought it was a ffmpeg problem but I re-processed the same files with exactly the same variable (same source and destination folders...different HDD and no other program running) with Xvid4PSP and the processing speed was constant...any idea?
I usually include the "shared" release of FFMPEG, not the "static", to save filesize as FFMPEG/FFPROBE both needed. Just delete the files and update them, all should be OK.
Lastly, you're right, hardcoded, the FFMPEG version number is just the version that was originally included with the release of BOX4.
Updated to beta 3, eventually.
Complete change and re-write of the input error checking routines:
-Error checks changed for simplcity and continuity.
Complete change and re-write of the input compatibility checking routines:
-Compatibilty checks changed for simplcity and continuity.
Complete change and re-write of the input checking and parsing routines:
-Including Video, Audio, Subtitles, and Attachments.
Added more checks, and resets, to the default 'Settings' values upon load.
Extensive extra checks added to the verification of user inputted filter values.
-Inclusing both value and scope.
Changes to the reboxing (muxing) processes, checks, and workers.
-Speed improvements over earlier versions on most systems.
Added support for opus audio.
Notification dialog changes.
Some trivial GUI/control/geometry changes and alignments.
Hundreds, yes hundreds, of minute undocumented changes not listed.
anyone link tutorial or how to use it
Very good software, been using it for a while.
Would it be possible in the future to add burn-in option for subtitles?
update: beta 4
• Changed, updated, and shifted, the input/import scan worker procedures slightly.
- Now all files load in almost instantly.
• Updated the input parsing routines. (both file input and subtitle import)
• Cleaned up the dialog message window.
• Cleaned up a few GUI properties.
• Amended some coding type conversions.
• Last Beta version.
It would be perfect IMO if you could add:
1 - Drag and Drop for folder
2- Auto Selection for Subtitles with forced flag.
Great program anyways...
Thanks video.baba...I have tested it and it works perfectly. Once set it automatically select the tracks I usually include (Video-my language Audio and my language Forced Subtitle)...time to go for the "Final" status IMHO.
BOX4 V3 (FINAL)
(Changes since last beta 4)
• Allow folders, as well as files, to be 'drag and dropped' for input.
• By default, auto select (enable) subtitle track if its 'Forced' flag is set.
• Tidied up a couple of minor '.Opacity Fade' issues.
• Cleaned up the final bits of code.
Thank you so much @video.baba!!! Great job.
@Video. Baba: What about out of sync audio tracks?
It's now possible to correct the delay of the desynchronized track?
I miss a warning sound once the task list is finished.
Last edited by Wolffy; 16th Feb 2019 at 06:23.