VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. There are few programs claim to split video files FAST and without re-encode.

Some comments for some of those programs are bad saying "missing frames", audio-video sync problem, "frame rate different outputs" etc etc

I have several (over an hour length) video files each is just over the 4gb (size limit for fat32 format systems storage)

So I need to split them to move them to fat32 storage without any problem.

Have you any experience with a program does a job identical to the original /quality specification and does it FAST?

I have tried one program (tsMuxeR_2.6.12) did the job in 2-3 minutes although I cannot tell if the splitted files are the same as the original quality other than the Splitted file byte size is slightly bigger than the original size

Any tested suggestions please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. tsmuxer does no reencoding, so the video and audio streams are the same and thus the quality shouldn't change.
    Depending on your input and target container formats and the OS you are using other tools might be more suited.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    tsmuxer does no reencoding, so the video and audio streams are the same and thus the quality shouldn't change.
    Depending on your input and target container formats and the OS you are using other tools might be more suited.
    Thank you Selur.

my input mp4 or mov and my OS is w10
    What would be your advice please?
    Quote Quote  
  4. u can use lossless cut

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    u can use lossless cut

cannot find split function

may not suitable to split the files at one go and doing in 2 steps may not give you the exact portions:

"cut is currently not precise around the cutpoints, so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost. "
    Quote Quote  
  6. check carefully

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    check carefully

I cannot see and split command. Please let me know if you see it
    Cut function is problematic as they explained at their site as follows:

"cut is currently not precise around the cutpoints, so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost. "

Did you see that at their site:
    https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

I want:
    No "missing frames", audio-video sync problem, "frame rate different outputs"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    you can also try Mkvtoolnix. Resulting in 2 or more mkv files. It is lossless too. But cutting on keyframes only. Mkv files can then be converted to different container. When in copy mode, it is also lossless. It is if I recall it precisely on second tab. Lots of way to cut. Timestamps, frames etc. Cca. 8 ways.

[Attachment 46604 - Click to enlarge]

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 26th Aug 2018 at 08:15. Reason: a-e and uploaded split possibilities picture
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by PeterGA View Post
    Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    check carefully

I cannot see and split command. Please let me know if you see it
    Cut function is problematic as they explained at their site as follows:

Did you see that at their site:
    https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

I want:
    No "missing frames", audio-video sync problem, "frame rate different outputs"
    It's not possible to cut long GOP codecs with frame accuracy without any reencoding. The cut GOPs need to be reencoded. You need a "smart" editor to do that. Like VideoRedo (for MPEG 2 and h.264/AVC).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jagabo,
    as OP that purpose isn't to cut at precise points, but output size is main purpose, and not lost any frames or change framerate.
    So cutting at Keyframe is enough. Problem is Fat32 filesize limit.
    so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost.
    is the problem with suggested program. Tsmuxer or mkvtoolnix has not such problems.
    This is as I understand the question. Smart rendering isn't demanded. At least i think

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  11. Another standard program for that is Avidemux

It allows you to set the "splitting point" somewhere and then to jump to the next or last key frame. That way there's no reencoding necessary. It simply copies the stream from point A (start) to point B (splitting point) or from point A (splitting point) to point B (end).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I love avidemux. I used it almost every day and have no any problem with it. But for this purpose it seems to me have more disadvantages than advantages. You can only gues the size of A-B segment and since you setup these points manually it is also very slow proces.
    But I love this program, just for this purpose it seems to me be not handy.
    I have it also in my sign

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 26th Aug 2018 at 14:43. Reason: gramar partialy
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    I love avidemux. I used it almost every day and have no any problem with it. But for this purpose it seems to me have more disadvantages than advantages. You can only gues the size of A-B segment and since you setup these points manually it is also very slow proces.

Bernix
    Well, it requires indeed two steps which must be done independantly from each other. And you must note the time of point B in step 1 to use it as point A in step 2
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by fornit View Post
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,

Bernix
    Well, it requires indeed two steps which must be done independantly from each other. And you must note the time of point B in step 1 to use it as point A in step 2
    tsmuxer does it in one step though
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi Jagabo,
    as OP that purpose isn't to cut at precise points, but output size is main purpose, and not lost any frames or change framerate.
    So cutting at Keyframe is enough. Problem is Fat32 filesize limit.
    so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost.
    is the problem with suggested program. Tsmuxer or mkvtoolnix has not such problems.
    This is as I understand the question. Smart rendering isn't demanded. At least i think

Bernix
    yes speed & original quality are the only requirement
    Tsmuxer & mkvtoolnix do the job but I have no knowledge to compare the outputs against the original source
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by PeterGA View Post
    Tsmuxer & mkvtoolnix do the job but I have no knowledge to compare the outputs against the original source
    Those programs don't have the ability to re-encode anything. So they can't reduce the quality.

Keep in mind that long GOP codecs can have GOPs as long as 250 frames or more. That means your accuracy may be plus or minus 10 seconds (or more) in a bad case.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you are mainly looking to split for the purpose of storing on FAT32 drives, I assume you would like a batch file type operation that cuts files in half at a key frame without loss or frame errors. Are these all the same type files or do you need it for a wide variety of formats?
    Quote Quote  
  18. In my case (mp4 and mov files I have)
    Tsmuxer is the only option or can you recommend a better one please?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    Since you are mainly looking to split for the purpose of storing on FAT32 drives, I assume you would like a batch file type operation that cuts files in half at a key frame without loss or frame errors. Are these all the same type files or do you need it for a wide variety of formats?
    - Yes, mainly looking to split for the purpose of storing on FAT32 drives
    -I don't mind doing it one by one since it takes less than few minutes each.
    -Yes want to cut files each under 4gb each without loss or frame errors.
    -they are either mp4 or mov video files

any recommendations please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use several drag and drop CMD files for this along with FFmpeg and FFprobe to cut perfectly. Although These are command line utilities, you could still use FFprobe to search say the middle 1000 frames (250 GOP gives 4 Key Frames to choose from) and use this information in one of the other mentioned programs. They work pretty well once the Key frame locations are found.

For instance, FFprobe can give you information like this:

FrmNo TimeStmp Key
    13554 452.252252 1 I
    13804 460.593927 1 I
    14054 468.935602 1 I
    14178 473.073073 1 I

and

13801 460.493827 0 B
    13802 460.527194 0 P
    13803 460.560561 0 P
    13804 460.593927 1 I
    13805 460.627294 0 B

Use that for the programs above to cut on Key Frame boundary (No Re-Encoding)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    I use several drag and drop CMD files for this along with FFmpeg and FFprobe to cut perfectly. Although These are command line utilities, you could still use FFprobe to search say the middle 1000 frames (250 GOP gives 4 Key Frames to choose from) and use this information in one of the other mentioned programs. They work pretty well once the Key frame locations are found.

Thank you Budman1.
    it looks like Tsmuxer is simpler to use so far. Not decided to choose anyone yet
    I appreciate your help very much
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Budman1,

will you elaborate that way? What is the command line request for that ffprobe output and how you will use the keyframe position to cut the video? So far, I am using encode --> reencode and it works perfect. But your way... that's more serious of course...

Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post

For instance, FFprobe can give you information like this:

FrmNo TimeStmp Key
    13554 452.252252 1 I
    13804 460.593927 1 I
    14054 468.935602 1 I
    14178 473.073073 1 I

and

13801 460.493827 0 B
    13802 460.527194 0 P
    13803 460.560561 0 P
    13804 460.593927 1 I
    13805 460.627294 0 B

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh this is a task I may not survive the criticism of but to start, I use 2 main scripts which each create 2 files, one formatted and one a summary of that.

List All Frames and Types:

Code:
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    ::@echo off
    ::for %%a in (*.mp4,*.mpg,*.flv) Do (
    for %%a in ("%~nx1") Do (
    set /a count=0
    cd %%~dpa
    echo frame,media_type,stream_index,key_frame,pkt_pts,pkt_pts_time,pkt_dts,pkt_dts_time,best_effort_timestamp,^
    best_effort_timestamp_time,pkt_duration,pkt_duration_time,pkt_pos,pkt_size,^
    Width,Height,pix_fmt,sample_aspect_ratio,pict_type,coded_picture_number,display_picture_number,^
    interlaced_frame,top_field_first,repeat_pict,color_range,color_space,color_primaries,color_transfer,^
    chroma_location > "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"
    echo No.  pts_time  type > "%%~na_AllFrames.txt"
    ver > nul"
    set /a Number=0
    ffprobe.exe -v quiet -select_streams v:0 -print_format csv -show_entries frame "%%~nxa"  >> "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"
    for /F "tokens=4,6,18,19 delims=," %%b in ('findstr "video" "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"') do (
    set "x=%%b"
    set "y=%%c"
    set "z=%%d"
    set "w=%%e"
    set "v=%%f"
    set "u=%%g"
    set sort=!y:~0,-7!
    ::if !sort! GEQ 0 if !sort! LEQ 10 echo !count!  !y:~0,13!  !x! !w:~0,1! >> "%%~na_AllFrames.txt"
    echo !count! !y:~0,13!  !x! !w:~0,1! >> "%%~na_AllFrames.txt"
    set /a count+=1
     set /a ekko=count%%100
     if !ekko! EQU 0 echo Frame !count! processed
    )
    )

List All Key Frames:

Code:
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    ::@echo off
    ::for %%a in (*.mp4,*.flv,*.mpg) Do (
    for %%a in ("%~nx1") Do (
    cd %%~dpa
    echo frame,media_type,stream_index,key_frame,pkt_pts,pkt_pts_time,pkt_dts,pkt_dts_time,best_effort_timestamp,^
    best_effort_timestamp_time,pkt_duration,pkt_duration_time,pkt_pos,pkt_size,^
    Width,Height,pix_fmt,sample_aspect_ratio,pict_type,coded_picture_number,display_picture_number,^
    interlaced_frame,top_field_first,repeat_pict,color_range,color_space,color_primaries,color_transfer,^
    chroma_location > "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"
    echo No.  pts_time     type > "%%~na_AllKeyFrames.txt"
    ver > nul
    set /a Number=0
    set /a count=0
    ffprobe.exe -v quiet -select_streams v -print_format csv -show_entries frame "%%~nxa"  >> "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"
    for /F "tokens=5,6,18,19 delims=," %%b in ('findstr "I" "%%~na_ffprobe.csv"') do (
    set "x=%%b"
    set "y=%%c"
    set "z=%%d"
    set "w=%%e"
    set sort=!y:~0,-7!
    echo !sort!
    echo !Number!    !y:~0,13!     !w:~0,1! >> "%%~na_AllKeyFrames.txt"
    set /a Number=!Number!+1
    set /a count+=1
    set /a ekko=count%%10
    if !ekko!==0 echo Frame !count! processed
    )
    )
    Both CMD files have '::@echo off' at top. This allows errors to show but can be changed to '@echo off' after no errors show and it works. Anyone who has worked with CMD batch knows how tricky it is for quotes and where and when things are entered . These work fine on my version [Version 6.1.7601] of Windows .

The one to cut is over 97 lines so I'll save that one until these work fine. I'm running out of time it seems but I am trying to incorporate the batch files as well as working CMD console into a project that displays the key frames or scene change location with the frame number and time embedded. Left clink plays the sequence and right click displays the actual image frame. Sequence should end on the frame preceding the next frame.

[Attachment 46822 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 46823 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by PeterGA View Post
    I have several (over an hour length) video files each is just over the 4gb (size limit for fat32 format systems storage)
    So I need to split them to move them to fat32 storage without any problem.
    Sorry, I know this is evading the original question, but have to ask. Why is your storage system FAT32? Doesn't sound like a great file system for storage/backup.
    Quote Quote  
  25. is there any software which watermark without re-encoding ?
    also upscaling
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    is there any software which watermark without re-encoding ?
    No.
    Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    also upscaling
    Yes. Every player, graphics card, TV, etc. upscales when you play a SD video full screen.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No.
    also upscaling
    Yes. Every player, graphics card, TV, etc. upscales when you play a SD video full screen.
    you mean there is a software out , which converts 480p video to 1080p video - without re- encoding
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No.
    also upscaling
    you mean there is a software out , which converts 480p video to 1080p video - without re- encoding
    I'm saying every player, graphics card, or TV upscales SD video to HD when it's played full screen at HD resolution (that's why you don't see a little 720x480 video in the middle of your 1920x1080 screen). So there's no need to upscale an SD video file to an HD video file (which of course always requires reencoding).
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No.
    also upscaling
    I'm saying every player, graphics card, or TV upscales SD video to HD when it's played full screen at HD resolution (that's why you don't see a little 720x480 video in the middle of your 1920x1080 screen). So there's no need to upscale an SD video file to an HD video file (which always requires reencoding).
    but i need a software/ converter to do that

did anyone knows that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Asking several times on same thing will not improved answers quality + nobody still know for what purpose. Playing file in sports bar, streaming, uploading etc. Everything is different. Playing video in sports bar (probably question about hw player = not possible without reencoding or inserting text as subtitle), streaming, explained in different thread, uploading to server is also different thing = reencoding needed, fast but needed.

Bernix
    Quote Quote