Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    is there any software which watermark without re-encoding ?
    No.
    also upscaling
    Yes. Every player, graphics card, TV, etc. upscales when you play a SD video full screen.
    you mean there is a software out , which converts 480p video to 1080p video - without re- encoding
    I'm saying every player, graphics card, or TV upscales SD video to HD when it's played full screen at HD resolution (that's why you don't see a little 720x480 video in the middle of your 1920x1080 screen). So there's no need to upscale an SD video file to an HD video file (which always requires reencoding).
    but i need a software/ converter to do that
    It's not possible. End of story.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    is there any software which watermark without re-encoding ?
    No.
    also upscaling
    Yes. Every player, graphics card, TV, etc. upscales when you play a SD video full screen.
    you mean there is a software out , which converts 480p video to 1080p video - without re- encoding
    I'm saying every player, graphics card, or TV upscales SD video to HD when it's played full screen at HD resolution (that's why you don't see a little 720x480 video in the middle of your 1920x1080 screen). So there's no need to upscale an SD video file to an HD video file (which always requires reencoding).
    but i need a software/ converter to do that
    It's not possible. End of story.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hm... as resume to the previous issue:
    gta5 needs to protect by Watermark his incredible high-quality video which he got by
    encoding video from 2,35 x 1.16 to 16 zillion x 9 zillion.
    Well... sounds reasonable...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    Hm... as resume to the previous issue:
    gta5 needs to protect by Watermark his incredible high-quality video which he got by
    encoding video from 2,35 x 1.16 to 16 zillion x 9 zillion.
    Well... sounds reasonable...
    and thats why i joined this forum , to get answers .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    * * *Well... sounds reasonable...
    Well, guy jagabo spend fair time to answer and did it very well(!) few times but, seems to me, you didn't read carefully and asked the same question again and again. So last guy warn you to be more in...

About your quest., my humble opinion:
    1. Resizing videos from low res to high, will never give good results.
    2. What is the purpose of your watermark? I think that it is created for tough companies, corporations which made something really tough and they want to stop you of using their product on nonlegal way...

Poor quality home made video should not be watermarked (IMHO).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    I disagree with this to some extent. Of course you can't make real HD video from SD video. But upscaling in software can give better results than your typical player/TV can deliver. You can get sharper edges with less aliasing and oversharpening halos. Cartoons especially can benefit from this. Even non-animated material can benefit a little (if you push it too far everything starts looking like plastic, people look like mannequins, etc.). And while your upscaling you may be able to fix other problems with the SD source -- blocking, dot crawl artifacts, DCT ringing, etc.

But you need to know what you're doing and use higher bitrates (giving bigger files than if you didn't upscale). And it takes much longer. So it's generally not worth it for non-animated material.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disagree with this to some extent.
    But you need to know what you're doing and use higher bitrates
    Well, first of all, you didn't know how to use your camera to record HD but now you will know how to advance use upsampling... incompatible 2 in 1 person Yep, I can agree: tough guy with good monitor, eyes and video-editing habits, CAN make acceptable HD encoding. Anyway, for common users, downsampling is very easy and quality will remain untouched (in most of cases) while contrary... If we are talking about TV usage only -- u r perfectly right but there are many other medias... and your own collection... I prefer to keep everything untouched. Actually, I am music man and requirements in our world are much more tough then in video editing... I repacked probably a zillion tons of audio HD files (HD tracks, DVD-Audio etc. etc... and my collection looks very nice. No any single upsample in it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You did get answers, and the same answers too, more than once, in two threads but don't accept them.

By the way, you also broke 2 forum rules. You hijacked someone else's thread and asked the same questions in more than one thread. Maybe the mods are giving you a break this time, but don't count on it in the future.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    You did get answers ...
    usually_quiet, he is about 15, 16 imho...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You did get answers ...
    That is entirely possible. However, all members are subject to the same rules, regardless of their age. ...and based on past experience, it is rarely possible to determine a VideoHelp member's age with any degree of certainty based on their posts unless they actually disclose their age.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  11. Maybe a part of gta5's problem is that Pandy (in the other thread) said it was theoretically possible (working in the DCT domain) to add a watermark without reencoding. Of course, he offered no software that actually does this.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390435-watermark-without-re-encoding-(is-it-possib...e)#post2530685
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe a part of gta5's problem is that Pandy (in the other thread) said it was theoretically possible (working in the DCT domain) to add a watermark without reencoding. Of course, he offered no software that actually does this.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390435-watermark-without-re-encoding-(is-it-possib...e)#post2530685
    Absolutely clear: impossible because... where can you put that watermark? ) In video. Over video? In some third track?

I've just tried to add fade in (FFMPEG) to audio and to keep original stream (silly me)... FMPEG answered in second: Can't add fade in / out without encoding. Stop. Logic...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    Maybe a part of gta5's problem is that Pandy (in the other thread) said it was theoretically possible (working in the DCT domain) to add a watermark without reencoding. Of course, he offered no software that actually does this.

Absolutely clear: impossible because... where can you put that watermark? ) In video. Over video? In some third track?
    You are wrong. Take for example a simple case of a video that's all I frames. You can undo the entropy encoding to be left with just DCT blocks. You can then replace some of the DCT blocks with new ones that include the desired watermark and redo the entropy encoding. All DCT blocks not changed and are identical to those in the original video (entropy encoding/decoding is lossless). Inter frame encoded video without motion vectors is only a little more difficult. When you add in motion vectors it gets much much harder -- and this is probably why nobody has bothered to do such a thing. The payoff just isn't worth all the effort.

I've just tried to add fade in (FFMPEG) to audio and to keep original stream (silly me)... FMPEG answered in second: Can't add fade in / out without encoding. Stop. Logic...
    Just because ffmpeg doesn't do it doesn't mean it's not possible. Consider programs like MP3Gain which can change the volume of MP3 files without decompression and recompression.

Look at what DVD Shrink does for MPEG 2 video. It shrinks video without re-compression. It does so by undoing the entropy encoding, removing more of the high frequency DCT components, then reapplying the entropy encoding. This is much faster than reencoding.

Enosoft DV Processor used to able to change the brightness, contrast, and saturation of DV video without recompression.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are wrong.
    OK. Probably I am wrong in the way you described. There are protected DVD-Videos / Audios. You start to play them and get the message.
    This content is protected by CPPM
    Please activate CPPM key via Internet.

They are writing information in some places (you know details) which have no impact on visual or audio rendering and is impossible to be fond and cracked. Many years ago we tried avarything to find that CPPM… unsuccessfully. But: that kind of editing is so difficult and is exclusively Corporates issue with very concrete goal. And, stream IS changed but we can’t see that.

About Fading

Just because ffmpeg doesn't do it doesn't mean it's not possible. Consider programs like MP3Gain which can change the volume of MP3 files without decompression and recompression.
    I never give mp3 a single thought… they can do whatever they want: that format is unserious. Here is small WAV file. You do create fade in or fade out (or just change the volume!) without any changing of wave and I will take back my words. I think that it is impossible. You can’t change audio file without changing it. And ffmpeg is absolutely right: I can’t change the audio track and then extract it as raw stream. Impossible. Track is OR changed OR not.

If you know how, please do add on this WAV file your own CPPM protection and post the file back. Let it plays 4 seconds and then you display the message:
    Please send to jagabo 3.5 billon USD to activate this beautiful song. And listen to the end (remain 12 seconds).
    Your output-file has to be readable, editable WAV / LPCM file! For example, DVD-Audio Santana Supernatural is with CPPM. And I can extract each audio track, see it, separate mono channels and CAN’T see that CPPM info.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. The issue was whether or not it is possible to modify compressed video without decompressing and recompressing it. I gave a brief description of how it can be done in the DCT domain and examples of existing programs that perform similar actions.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    You did get answers ...
    i am not 15,16 inho ,just dont know things about video stuff , and thats the reason i ask questions ,i want to learn more,
    Quote Quote  
  18. Actually almost every editor has the ability to add a watermark, upscale, and save without reencoding -- by saving uncompressed video. The problem with this is the size of the resulting video: a 2 hour ~6 GB DVD source will turn into a ~1.1 TB RGB video, or a ~560 GB YV12 video. This is essentially what any player software does -- except the results are displayed rather than being saved to a file.
    Quote Quote