VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all. I was trying to use AviSynth, so I have downloaded everything I needed. However, there were a lot of issues. When I tried to download FFMPEGSource, it did not contain dll file which was supposed to. I found many zip files for QTGMC also had the same problem. I was forced to download old version, but FFMPEGSource ended up crashing during rendering in Virtualdub. Does anyone know about the solution to the problem? AviSynth got updated with so many downsides. Also, when I rendered in Virtualdub with Avisynth, the video had no audio. I tried adding audio code, but it didn't work. I would be appreciated if anyone can help me with this. I've just realised AviSynth is a very powerful video editing tool and I have decided to not give up.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Regarding the missing dll files in your downloads -- maybe you downloaded the source kits, not the compiled dll packages.

Saying something didn't work isn't helpful. If you got any error messages state what they were, exactly. Post the exact script you used. Are you sure your source file isn't corrupt somewhere in the middle? Try deleting the index file that ffVideoSource created. Does it crash at the same point every time? If not, your CPU may be overheating. Check your CPU temps while rendering. To get both audio and video with the ffmpeg source filter you need to load them separately:

Code:
    aud = ffAudioSource("filename.ext")
    vid = ffVideoSource("filename.ext")
    AudioDub(vid, aud)
    The ffmpeg source filter has problems with some videos. You might try using the LSmash source filter instead. The script is similar. Note that LSmashVideoSource is for MP4 files only. You need to use LWlibavVideoSource for other containers, like MKV.

Code:
    aud = LSmashAudioSource("filename.mp4")
    vid = LSmashVideoSource("filename.mp4")
    AudioDub(vid, aud)
    Note that video and audio don't necessarily have to come from the same file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Image
    [Attachment 46532 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 46533 - Click to enlarge]

Virtualdub crashes every time I render videos with scripts. It does not happen when I render with just videos. Here are images of the script I used and error I receive. I use LSmash Source filter as you can see on the image. Virtualdub only accepts avi files, so I used FFMPEG Input Driver to make it handle all type of files. I don't know if it crashes VirtualDub Input Driver or something else because I did not use FFVideo Source.
    Last edited by jseo13579; 20th Aug 2018 at 09:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VirtualDub can open AviSynth scripts with its AVI source filter. There's no need for VirtualDub's ffmpeg source filter when opening AviSynth scripts.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you so much for helping. It worked.
    Quote Quote