VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello forum. Seeking some tech support. I've run out of places to search on the web, so I am posting here.

Trying to setup AmaRecTV, but not all of my audio inputs are listed. If I check in OBS, I can see the devices in it's menu. Realtek "Line In" is missing from AmaRecTV's setup menu. Without it listed, I can not capture from "Line In". Any idea why AmaRecTV is not able to find my Line In?

My Windows 10 64bit PC has a Realtek ACL889 onboard. Using driver 2.82. I can successfully capture with both my optical for digital, and 3.5mm "Line In" for analog in OBS. Both sources work great. But I want to capture in AmaRecTV as well! It used to work fine on this system.

Another strange issue with AmaRecTV. It does list the Realtek Digital Input for my Optical. I can choose it. But when I try to capture audio, there is no sound in the file. VLC does show that a 2CH 48K 16bit stream was recorded though. Again, this source does work just fine in OBS when comparing.

Any random guesses or suggestions are welcome!

This image shows "some" audio capture devices found in AmaRecTV.
    It is missing "Line In" from the Realtek. It does show the Digital input.
    [Attachment 46504 - Click to enlarge]

This is a list of both Realtek devices found in Windows.
    [Attachment 46505 - Click to enlarge]

Here is OBS on the same host, clearly showing both inputs. Not sure why OBS can but AmaRecTV can not.
    [Attachment 46506 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kreg View Post
    It used to work fine on this system.
    What has changed in your system since then?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, I would not be able to answer that well. It's been over a year.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What happens if you set the default recording device in the Windows Sound dialog window to "Line In"?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stupid question time. But you do actually have an audio cable going in to the appropriate socket - normally blue but I recall one used to be able to allocate any socket for any purpose.

On my HD Audio Manager I can see Speakers (connected), HDMI output (previously tested) and Digital Input and Output. No Analog input tab and I know there is no connection at present since I disconnected that when I upgraded the OS (analg capture no longer being supported)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No change. Someone also suggested this morning, that AmaRecTv might not capture from non video related sources? Not sure if that's true since the Focusrite and Digital Input are listed.

So Line In aside... I'm still also concerned about the Digital Input. This input is selectable, but it seems to be recording silence. Even if I can not get the analog Line In, I really would like to capture from SPIDF again. When I select the "Realtek Digital Input (Realtek High Deffinition..)", no sound is captured. Just what sounds like an empty track. I can see the track in the file using VLC's info.

Does this window show any problems? I don't know what this setup screen is for. I get here from clicking "Audio Device Settings" when selecting the Realtek Digital Input.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	devicesettings.png
Views:	58
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	46517  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Stupid question time. But you do actually have an audio cable going in to the appropriate socket - normally blue but I recall one used to be able to allocate any socket for any purpose.

On my HD Audio Manager I can see Speakers (connected), HDMI output (previously tested) and Digital Input and Output. No Analog input tab and I know there is no connection at present since I disconnected that when I upgraded the OS (analg capture no longer being supported)
    Ask all the questions you want. It probably is just something stupid that I'm over looking.

Yes I thought of this. Much like you described, the tab in the HD Audio Manager does not appear unless there is something physically connected. So i did connect a cable to it simply for that sake. When I do, the audio manager pops up asking if I just plugged something into that. I confirm and the tab appears. Both Analog and Digital inputs work great, and appear in their separate tabs in the manager. Keep in mind, OBS is able to record from these just fine. So I'm pretty sure it's good to go.

I know AmaRecTV is a bit dated, but it sure does have a nice deinterlacer and works as a good simple capture program.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=kreg;2527083]
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I know AmaRecTV is a bit dated, but it sure does have a nice deinterlacer
    Depends on what you mean by "nice". It resizes with a simple bob method and throws away alternate fields. Poor resizing and throwing away 50% of your video is nice?
    Last edited by LMotlow; 18th Aug 2018 at 07:39.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote