VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Is there a really working way to completely remove cinavia protection and NOT replace the audio file with other quality audio.

I want simply remove cinavia protection without loosing and quality at sound or video of any bluray disc i have already buy so i use the copy and not the original bluray disc cause it damage the disc every time i play it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Basically the answer is no to the first part of your question however DVDFab does have a solution but the quality of the sound track is affected. You would be better off by wrapping the main movie in a MKV container using MakeMKV and then playing the mkv file on a media player, they are not affected by Cinavia. All DVD and BD players made in recent years must have Cinavia detection built in.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    So you tell me if i rip a bluray movie with makemkv programm it will remove the cinavia protection without loosing any quality?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes that is correct no loss of quality. As long as you don't attempt to burn it to disc and play it on a Blu ray stand alone unit Cinevia is not activated on Media players unlike all DVD and Blu ray standalone units. All MakeMKV does is wrap the disc in a MKV container producing a MKV file, no re-encoding, it will be the same size in and out. I have my entire DVD and Blu ray discs now as MKV files. Some have Cinavia but as far as my Media player is concerned it doesn't exist. If I was to burn the MKV to a disc and play it in my Pioneer BD unit if there was Cinavia on the disc it would be triggered.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    So you tell me if i rip a bluray movie with makemkv programm it will remove the cinavia protection without loosing any quality?
    MakeMKV will not remove Cinavia full stop.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's correct, yes, but if fits79 does as netmask56 suggests, the Cinavia will be ignored and the video will play with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    So what exactly do the makemkv?
    Simply rip any bluray movie without cinavia protection?

Is there any other program that really completely removes the cinavia protection without loosing any quality from the movie?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    So what exactly do the makemkv?
    Simply rip any bluray movie without cinavia protection?
    MakeMKV decrypts the Blu-ray and re-wraps the audio and video streams with an MKV container. It does not remove the Cinavia signal. It does not change the quality of the audio or video in any way.

Cinavia is a signal encoded in the audio stream of Blu-ray (and some DVD) discs. Licensed Blu-ray players are required to detect the signal and stop playing when they find it. Other players don't have to detect the signal, and I'm not aware of any that do. So they have no problems playing Blu-ray rips made by MakeMKV or any other program.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Again: Blu-ray with cinavia -> MakeMKV creates a MKV file with identical video and audio.
    Cinavia is not removed from audio and audio is not replaced by another audio stream, it is simply copied into the mkv file.

But that isn't a problem:
    Just use a another player like MPC-BE on a HTPC and play the file with it. There is no cinavia detection implemented, so it doesn't search for it and there is no problem at all

If you burn the mkv file on a disc or put it on a usb drive and put it in a newer standalone Blu-ray player, it will search and detect cinavia in the audio and then stop playing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    When you mentioning without change the quality you mean the result mkv file it has the same audio file - type for example dts-hd or true hd as the source bluray movie?

Simply has the cinavia protection deactivated so you can watch the mkv file everywhere without any problems?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    When you mentioning without change the quality you mean the result mkv file it has the same audio file - type for example dts-hd or true hd as the source bluray movie?

Simply has the cinavia protection deactivated so you can watch the mkv file everywhere without any problems?
    No, as the others have already stated, the Cinavia protection is intact on the mkv file created by MakeMKV. If you play this file in something that will recognize the Cinavia signal, it will still stop the audio playback. What you need to do is use a player that doesn't recognize the Cinavia signal in an mkv file. Media Player Classic Home Cinema, or others like it, will not enforce the Cinavia protection.

MakeMKV does give you the original format of the audio, so it is not degraded in quality.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Then even the makemkv is completely USELESS.
    Why if i play the mkv or any other file creates from original bluray movie to any player recognize cinavia then the sound doesn't play so it's useless everything makemkv or any other like makemkv program do.
    Quote Quote  
  13. No, it's not useless. Just use a player which is not looking for cinavia.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Yes it's not useless.

Ok answer to me to one question.

If i have player that doesn't support/read cinavia then EVERYTHING WITH CINAVIA i put it as movie it will play it normally doesn't matter if it is mkv or anything else with cinavia protection on it.

So it is or it isn't useless to convert any bluray movie into mkv with cinavia protection?????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see it probably wrong. But for example your DVB-T/T2 STB is able to play mkv files from usb stick. Try insert inside of this STB Bluray disc
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just read my previos post again and you'll see, that I answered it already

Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Again: Blu-ray with cinavia -> MakeMKV creates a MKV file with identical video and audio.
    Cinavia is not removed from audio and audio is not replaced by another audio stream, it is simply copied into the mkv file.

But that isn't a problem:
    Just use a another player like MPC-BE on a HTPC and play the file with it. There is no cinavia detection implemented, so it doesn't search for it and there is no problem at all

If you burn the mkv file on a disc or put it on a usb drive and put it in a newer standalone Blu-ray player, it will search and detect cinavia in the audio and then stop playing.
    -> just use a HTPC with a player like MPC-BE, MPC-HC, VLC media player, .. or maybe you want a MediaCenter like Kodi?

And no it isn't useless to create a mkv file, it isn't converted, only remuxed -> exact same quality of video and audio
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Is simple if the player DOESN'T SUPPORT cinavia read then EVERYTHING YOU PUT for example bluray or mkv file with cinavia protection it would play it normally without any cinavia cause it DOESN'T read the cinavia so.......
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, cinavia is only a kind of marker in audio, if your player doesn't search for it, playback is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    So at every file you convert any bluray disc is COMPLETELY useless if your player doesn't read the cinavia so the makemkv is USELESS.
    Understand now what i meant before????
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    So at every file you convert any bluray disc is COMPLETELY useless if your player doesn't read the cinavia so the makemkv is USELESS.
    No, because now you're making no sense. Your original question has already been answered multiple times and no one wants to repeat what you've already been told. Either take the advice or don't. No one cares.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    No. Only Blu-ray disc players refuse to play the MKV file. Every other media player on Earth play the MKV file just fine, video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a really working way to completely remove cinavia protection and NOT replace the audio file with other quality audio.

I want simply remove cinavia protection without loosing and quality at sound or video of any bluray disc i have already buy so i use the copy and not the original bluray disc cause it damage the disc every time i play it.
    There is current NO, and probably will never be a program that defeats or removes Cinavia. So, by YOUR definition of MakeMKV being useless for YOUR purpose, ALL current Blu-Ray ripping programs are useless because none of them are able to remove or defeat Cinavia.
    Last edited by lingyi; 10th Aug 2018 at 19:05. Reason: Clarity & Spelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have several media players however the one I use for all my playback of video files is the Popcorn A-500. This unit does not detect Cinavia and so doesn't stop playback. ALL of my BD discs have been processed through MakeMKV, as an audio engineer I am interested in maintaining original audio quality - MakeMKV does that it doesn't alter the sound or video at all. Some of my BD discs have Cinavia some have stereo sound some have Dolby Atmos tracks - guess what ? They all play back perfectly My setup is a 7.1 plus atmos - all top of the line Tannoy speakers. The bottom line is I play nothing on my Pioneer BD player except maybe something a friend brings over - a rare event! So get yourself a decent media player that supports all audio formats and forget about Cinavia. Finally you won't find any software or hardware that removes or mitigates the effects of Cinavia without cost to the audio format.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Cinex HD does a great job always my go to app for removing cinavia and it does work ... i hope this info helps
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps you're not a native ENglish speaker but you've repeated questions that were already answered quite a few times and now you just make zero sense.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    Cinex HD does a great job always my go to app for removing cinavia and it does work ... i hope this info helps
    Cinex replaces the audio with a Cinavia one from their database. DVDFab works the same way. A known method that results in lower quality audio and not what the OP is asking for.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Exception: I think my older Oppo BR model may predate Cinavia, and therefore evade it. Not entirely certain about that, but I have (belatedly) started making some data disks on BR media with MKV files -- larger MKVs, that would exceed DVD DL capacity -- and they seem to work. It's a little bit clunky, as I need to work my way through some player menus, but so far it has worked. Although I do have and do occasionally use MakeMKV, the files I'm referring to were from downloads, so I don't know their history. Perhaps I should perform some sort of test, to confirm or challenge my surmise that this BR player is immune to Cinavia . . . . (But it would not be of any help to most people even if that is correct, unless they were willing to take a chance on an expensive older model player, as I did.)

That older Oppo unit also plays ISOs, which is pretty unusual, so far as I know. It was a feature of a certain firmware level -- a feature they subsequently revoked. Media players are a great alternative, though. I think most (maybe all) of my streaming boxes support MKV playback.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 13th Aug 2018 at 11:13.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    Cinex HD does a great job always my go to app for removing cinavia and it does work ... i hope this info helps
    Cinex replaces the audio with a Cinavia one from their database. DVDFab works the same way. A known method that results in lower quality audio and not what the OP is asking for.
    Oops...of course meant to say "Cinavia FREE one from their database".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I always thought AnyDVD does a great job at removing it and with virtual zero damage. Worked for me. By the way it is 'Losing' not 'Loosing' as you wrote.
    Quote Quote