VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Yadif(mode=1,...) for double frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  2. QTGMC(BlockSize=4) gets rid of the jump in jump_04.avi.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But yadif advantage is that is much faster. Probably faster then QTGMC fastest preset. Not sure.

Edit: for lossless compression, there is of course difference. But question is what is worst. Do perfect deinterlacing with slowest QTGMC preset and then compress to say with CRF 28 or use fast Yadif bob and spatial temporal check and compress with say CRF 22.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 10th Aug 2018 at 08:16. Reason: EDIT
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    But yadif advantage is that is much faster. Probably faster then QTGMC fastest preset. Not sure.
    QTGMC's "ultra fast" preset uses Yadif. But it's still not as fast as Yadif() since it's doing some other processing.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Aug 2018 at 08:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    QTGMC's "ultra fast" preset uses Yadif.
    Thank you! Didn't knows that. Bob with both check or simplest version?

This source isn't worst, but also far from miniDV video quality. The question is if QTGMC is really must have here. Just my opinion.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    QTGMC's "ultra fast" preset uses Yadif.
    Thank you! Didn't knows that. Bob with both check or simplest version?
    I believe it's mode=1. It's definitely double frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    have you tried Yadif with bob and temporal and spatial check on?
    With the defaults it looks bad at the running text crawls.
    You get this result too?

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    QTGMC(BlockSize=4) gets rid of the jump in jump_04.avi.
    Hell yeah. When I use this for the hole capture I think, it's correcting 4 of 5 glichtes.

But it's very slow rendering now.

VD still use only 30% CPU, why not more?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You need to use a multithreaded build of AviSynth (AviSynth+ ?) to get faster processing with QTGMC. Or use a faster preset.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I try that multithreaded version some day, but it crashes every time. So I've to be patient....

How can I fix this jump?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. DeleteFrame(1)
    Quote Quote  
  11. And without deleting?
    Note: I want to fix all jumps in interlaced mode first, then save this as a new interlaced (no jump) videofile and then I use QTGMC with this corrected file.
    So I can do a interlaced DVD and a 50p without jumps, you know.
    Quote Quote  
  12. If you look at the video field by field you will see three identical fields in a row. the capture inserted an extra frame by making two extra copies of one field. Deleting the frame leaves you with perfectly smooth motion. If this causes audio sync problems insert a frame elsewhere where it won't be noticeable.
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Aug 2018 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ah ok, now I understand.
    I think, that it gets not async, the recorder drop a frame later on. Have to check this later, if is there a drop frame.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Capture cards often drop frames or fields. In order to keep the audio in sync, they will later duplicate either a whole frame or a field in order to make up for what was missed. Unfortunately, the drop is often not immediately adjacent to the duplicate. Therefore in order to fix things, you have to create a script that finds the duplicates (easy to do) but then senses big gaps in motion, due to the drop (hard to do), and inserts a synthesized frame (using motion estimation) at that point.

I created such a script here, and you are welcome to try to make it work for your existing captures. However, the better thing is to find out why your capture card isn't working very well, and fix that.

Automatically fix dups followed (eventually) by drops

Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by diginoob View Post
    Ah ok, now I understand.
    It's about time you learned to figure these things out for yourself. Here's a sample script for analyzing the first video of this thread:

Code:
    AviSource("testfile.avi") 
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    StackVertical(SelectEven(), SelectOdd())
    This stacks the two fields rather than showing the scan lines interleaved. The top field is on the top, the bottom field on the bottom. If you step through the result frame by frame you'll see the top field never bounces up or down. But the bottom field can be seen to bounce at frame 19. If you look at the horizontal motion of the top and bottom fields you'll see equal horizontal motion at all of them. That means the bottom field of frame 19 is the correct field, it's just shifted up by one scan line. So the fix is to shift it down by one scan line.

Of course, it's also possible for the top field to shift up rather than the bottom. Or maybe both fields (the entire frame) could shift up. Or fields/frames could shift down rather than up. You would need slight variations of the fix to handle those errors. You should be able to figure those out for yourself.

Jump5.avi can be analyzed with:

Code:
    AviSource("jump5.avi") 
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    When you step through the video field by field you see that fields 2, 3, and 4 are essentially identical. If you remove fields 2 and 3 (ie, frame 1), you can see that there is now equal horizontal motion in the scrolling text of the remaining fields. So an extra frame was added during capture (or it could be like this on the tape) and the fix is to remove that frame (or any two of the three duplicate fields).
    Quote Quote