VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I have a Panasonic HD handycam. The video files are in AVCHD format. I understand these are compatible with Bluray discs and players, but I'm only in a position to use a DVD player, so I need to convert the files to a DVD playable format.

Can anyone recommend some software that can convert AVCHD videos to a DVD playable format? Loss of quality is fine as long as it's watchable.

I'd really appreciate it... this is proving surprisingly challenging.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try avstodvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your suggestion.

In the meantime, after experimenting with a whole load of other options (Wondershare, Winx converter...) I came across Burnova which I've had by far the most success with so far. The picture is relatively smooth and it's easy to use. My only gripe is that the date codes can't be copied over in the subtitles, which is a shame as they're nice to know since I'm dealing with home videos.

I had searched on the forum for a similar thread before posting my original question and didn't come across anything recent, but I notice now that there are some from within the last 5 years so I'm not the only one. I hope that this can be of use to anyone who comes looking in future. I'm really amazed to be honest that it's so difficult to find a decent piece of software that can do this.

Anyway, I'm going to try AVS to DVD now and compare the results, then I'll update this. If it does the job it would be better, as Burnova is about 20.

Edit:
    AVS to DVD did the trick very nicely, thanks a lot DB83. The image is a bit crisper than Burnova and the movement about as smooth, although sharp edges can appear jagged at times. Only issue is that the transition between titles is very slow, which would get annoying after every 30 secs / minute. In Burnova it's possible to merge titles so that there's a seamless movement between them. I'll probably stick with AVS to DVD for now since it's free.

I hope that anyone else wanting to burn AVCHD videos to DVD finds this thread useful.
    Last edited by rosbif08; 6th Aug 2018 at 07:53. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote