VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I recognized for some time now, that mpv and also players that are based on mpv like MPV-EASY Player, ... are coming more and more.

I use for my HTPC automatic refresh rate change for every single videofile I have.

Can this also be done in mpv or any other mpv based player? I would like to take a look at it ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're talking about the Windows version? There doesn't seem to be any native support but there are scripts ... searching "mpv automatic screen refresh rate change" got me this ...

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/552
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, thanks, so it isn't implemented by the authors, the issue is very old and still open ... not worth a try for me then
    Quote Quote  
  4. I want to take a look at mpv again, but I want two features and can not get it to work:

- Refresh rate switching for each video
    - HDR passthrough -> not HDR to SDR tonemapping (this works), but I can not get mpv to send the metadata to the TV -> which is HDR passthrough

Kodi works, MPC-BE with both MPC Video Renderer and madVR works so I get OSD info of TV that it receives HDR signal. But mpv does not.
    Quote Quote