+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello

anyone know what effect this is @-6:04, in the video
    https://www.facebook.com/alternarivaholistica/videos/1817762378246446/
    ?

it's the white, very fast moving effect, like many book pages being passed in a very fast manner.
    any similar effect in vegas, or something?

any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricmetal View Post
    hello

anyone know what effect this is @-6:04, in the video
    https://www.facebook.com/alternarivaholistica/videos/1817762378246446/
    ?

it's the white, very fast moving effect, like many book pages being passed in a very fast manner.
    any similar effect in vegas, or something?

any help is appreciated!
    That's called a motion graphic. It has to be choreographed and keyframed. Vegas Pro can easily do it. But you have to know how to do it in your mind. Imagine it as a card animation.

You have to build all the stills ahead of time, then animate them. Yeah, it's tedious.
    Last edited by budwzr; 2nd Aug 2018 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, thanks very much.
    i won't be trying it out this time at least - customer wants a vid made fast and if this is not a fast thing to make, i guess i won't need to make it!
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes you can do it quite quickly and easily with a few keyframes, eased at the end

It's just a layer animation with motion blur.

In that example, you place 4 copies vertically opposed to one another, with a small gap in between each. Think of it as a long sheet. You animate it moving downwards. That small gap has transparency, so when the editor calculates the motion blur it blends the edges

If your editor doesn't have motion blur, you can get similar results with a vertical blur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get a copy of that because im not on Facebook. It looked complex at first glance. Send that thing in and we'll reverse engineer it for you for the future. Put it on YT.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    I can't get a copy of that because im not on Facebook. It looked complex at first glance. Send that thing in and we'll reverse engineer it for you for the future. Put it on YT.
    You can use various downloaders to get facebook videos.

But the OP really should have cut that section and posted it here. Many people actually block Facebook because of ads and privacy issues

Here are the 1st 10 seconds, I'm assuming it's the correct video and the "effect" he's referring to is ~ 6-7 seconds in
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. It still looks pretty complex. Doncha Think? It's definitely professional.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Thanks for that. It still looks pretty complex. Doncha Think?
    Are we talking about the same thing ? He said "it's the white, very fast moving effect, like many book pages being passed in a very fast manner."

That's actually quite simple . It' s just simple layer animation (top to bottom in that example), motion blur . It's actually 2 keyframes in some programs (because the motion blur is "automatic") . If he is using a program that doesn't have motion blur it might be 4 or 6 keyframes to adjust the directional blur (vertical in that example)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's a whole lot of animation, within other animations, going on there.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    There's a whole lot of animation, within other animations, going on there.
    He didn't ask about the other ones

"it's the white, very fast moving effect, like many book pages being passed in a very fast manner."

The other one is a basic shape layer animation very likely done in after effects . The whole thing has an after effects vibe to it. (It can be done in other programs too, it's just easier to do in AE)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I need a brain checkup. I saw something like a rain cloud passing over. No white passing effect.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK.Next Time I'll insert the vid right here on the forum. Sry bout that. And yes its the white efect Between "alternativa holistica" and "quien somos". Thank you for the tips so far guys. I might give it a try with the help u guys gave me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see it now.

What would you call that? Nuclear Blast? With rotation?

I wanted to engage and reproduce this thing, but it's a bit underwhelming. I suppose the Glint tool in Vegas could do it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 4th Aug 2018 at 22:12.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this effect Adobe video editing programs can apply I?
    Herhangi birşey nasıl yapılır öğrenin!
    Quote Quote