VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I remember using the VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and VirtualDub AIO once upon to resize videos to upload some video clips to Youtube. I use to cut some clips, I resize the videos and save them in AVI using the Xvid codec but what I heard on this very forum is that MP4 is much better quality. What I want to know is that should I use that method to continue upload videos to Youtube? Or should I look into some other program that will allow me to cut and resize clips? I don't really mind saving them in AVI but I do want good quality for my clips.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use tool you like, always deliver highest quality - if you have fast upload capabilities don't bother reducing your upload file - select preset very fast or similar with sufficiently high bitrate or better lower cfr (as such higher quality). Youtube will re-encode your video anyway thus spending hours on squeezing your upload with high quality is waste of time. You can use some trick as YT will allocate more bitrate to 4K source then you may wish to upscale your source before uploading to 4K resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AVI and MP4 are containers. Containers have no bearing on the quality of what's in them. The codecs and settings used determine the quality.
    Quote Quote