VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a source where I am using TIVTC on it and it looks and works great as usual. I am having one particular problem with this source though. While it did its job really well overall, there are leftover combing/interlace artifact on certain moving things like blinking eyes for example. This also seems to be a problem when the entire screen shakes or moves quickly.

Does this have a special kind of pulldown setting or something needed done to it?

Here is the current script I am using.

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Users\User\Desktop\Encodi ng\DN\JPDVD\Disc 1\Episode 2\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGui\tools\avisynth_plugin\ColorMatrix.dll" )
    ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TIVTC.dll")
    tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1, hybrid=0)
    crop( 2, 2, -4, 0)
    LanczosResize(848,480) # Lanczos (Sharp)

Untouched DGIndex video sample can be found here

(File Removed)

If you use the script I made or the "tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1, hybrid=0)" line of it, an example of what I am talking about can be seen on frames 433, 436, and frames 832-1105.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 22nd Jul 2018 at 21:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I guess this is just how the animation is. I checked the USA released Blu-Rays, the Japanese released Blu-Rays and the other set of DVD's I have and every single one of them have that same thing happening even on progressive Blu-Rays.

I guess I will just use Santiag(strv=0) to minimize them. It works well enough for me at removing most of them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The problem in frames 832-1105 is that it's not telecined, it's interlaced -- there is motion at every field. So it can't be inverse telecined. To reduce the combing you can lower TFM's cthresh parameter -- that cause the deinterlacer to kick in on those frames. That might create problems on other frames where the deinterlacer kicks in when it shouldn't. Or you can call vInverse() or QTGMC(InputType=3) after the IVTC to fix the combing. But again, this may create problems on other frames. So it would be best to use these fixes only on segments with problems.
    Quote Quote