VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For more than the past decade i have set up my windows laptop, with mpc-be- LAv Filters-MADvr and mapped windows function to the buttons of my favoite bluetooth remote controller, and i just cant let go. I have been flirting with the notion of migrating with a standalone Android Box, but have still to take the leap

Could any of the best media player implementation of Android (VLC/MXplayer) reach the levels of the aforementioned filters and plugins

If the difference isnt that huge maybe its time to go for that sweet android box
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also going to migrate to Android BOX.
    First of all, I care about the question:
    1. What formats can the player play
    2. Qualitative hardware support of decoding
    3. The ability to stretch the image on the whole screen (I hate black bars)
    4. Increase the number of frames (SVP technology) - Amazing!
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. Every format
    2. Not sure but they support hardware decoding
    3. It has all th options (Fit/Stretch/Crop/Original size/etc)
    4. Didnt even know about this technology

What im mostly interested if you can get those madvr stuff in Android. There all these different upscale options that i would like to implement in Android

There is this reddit thread that does not give nay inddepth solutions, but it mentions a player somehow offering some options

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6iucif/madvr_alternative_for_android/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    For more than the past decade i have set up my windows laptop, with mpc-be- LAv Filters-MADvr and mapped windows function to the buttons of my favoite bluetooth remote controller, and i just cant let go. I have been flirting with the notion of migrating with a standalone Android Box, but have still to take the leap

Could any of the best media player implementation of Android (VLC/MXplayer) reach the levels of the aforementioned filters and plugins

If the difference isnt that huge maybe its time to go for that sweet android box
    I don't think that the quality of upscaled video from an Android media player will equal what you are used to. The processors used for the SoCs used in Android TV boxes aren't especially powerful, which means that media player software will rely heavily upon the SoC's GPU for decoding video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote