VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used WinDV to copy 3 MiniDV tapes to my PC. They were supposed to be of the same structure cause they are from the same event, but from one tape WinDV doesn't copy the sound when type-2 is used (it copies it, media info shows that the audio stream is there but it is muted upon playback. So changing to type-1 the sound is ok but it now has two audio streams which are identical (and the sound playback is fine). That stops me from joining all 3 copied complete MiniDV streams in VDub cause I want to make one large file. VDub reports an error, that one stream is different and coulnd't be joined with the rest. I wanted to save that type-1 file as a direct copy using only one audio stream but when I go to the audio source section to choose one stream, only one audio stream is there, nothing to choose from. But in media info (and in AVStoDVD when setting the project inputs) it shows there are two streams, in AVSto DVD you can pick one or the other.

How to get rid of that stream and join those three AVIs, is there a way to do it? Maybe to copy all three MiniDVs as type-1, would it work then? Who knows, huh? It's time consuming, would like to avoid another 2 hrs of copying if possbile.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    just use a type-1 to type-2 converter (see tools list). should go almost as fast as a file copy.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, did it.
    Quote Quote