VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All,

I imported with the 1920*1080 video into Virtual Dub. I wanted to remove the black bars from the videos.

Here is what i did:
    1.Video>Filter>Add>Null Transform>Remove the black bars
    2. Save as AVI

When i save the video , the videos still showing as the original video , it did not remove the black bar as i edited in filter.

Any suggestion to fix it? I also attach the image as well.Image
    [Attachment 46014 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you select a compressor before saving to avi (click Video > Compression)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you change to Fast Recompress or Direct Stream Copy after setting up the crop filter?
    Quote Quote  
  4. never mind
    Last edited by manono; 9th Jul 2018 at 19:31.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Removed the earlier post.

Sorry, only now looked at the picture and saw you were looking at it in VDub.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Removed the earlier post.

Sorry, only now looked at the picture and saw you were looking at it in VDub.
    I think his image is simply showing the input and output (with cropping) panes in VirtualDub -- of his original video, not the saved video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Sirs, sorry for mislooking the thread. I wanted to remove the left and right side black bar. I try with direct stream copy and save as avi, but the video is not cropped one. It is still showing two side black bar. I wanted to save the video after i cropped it in the filter. The filter only work if i chooe the full processing mode but it make alot space for one video like 40gb.... so i try run with direct stream copy and then save as avi, but still can't remove the two side black bar..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by kankan94 View Post
    Hi Sirs, sorry for mislooking the thread. I wanted to remove the left and right side black bar. I try with direct stream copy and save as avi, but the video is not cropped one.
    Direct Stream Copy mode does not allow any filtering. The video isn't changed in any way. The compressed video stream is simply copied from the input file to the output file.

Originally Posted by kankan94 View Post
    The filter only work if i chooe the full processing mode but it make alot space for one video like 40gb...
    Full Processing mode is the only mode that allows filtering. Cropping (or any other filtering) requires that the compressed video be decompressed before filtering. If you want compressed video again you must select and configure a compression codec with Video -> Compression...
    Quote Quote