VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and copy Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Comparison View Post
    For the human eyes the grain does not exist in real world
    Grain represents only the technical limitation of cameras and camcorders.
    Nonsense. Grain is not contained to film, and the term existed before its invention. Grain is on fabrics, on wood, on metal. Grain is the texture and surface. In fact, human eyesight is somewhat blotchy when it comes to the color data, and is not 100% smooth, meaning it inherently has some grain.

Clever sharpening
    There's nothing clever about the harsh sharpening that you've done, and resulted in unnatural halos. That's just a basic/generic "sharpen" filter cranked up to 11. It's not actually nuanced, and does not take bad side effects into consideration in its algorithm.

I know it from experience from post sharpening of video camera records
    What does "post sharpening of video camera records" mean? That's a nonsense phase.

long before you started to notice the simple existence of digital videos.
    That's humorous. I started in the 90s, when it was still was not feasible at home. I was using SGI MediaBase for MPEG and LAN streaming. Trying to do anything digital was painful in those days, and I had to wait about 5 more years before digital was actually doable outside of a broadcast/studio/IT facility. I had to suffice with analog setups bolstered by digital techniques.

You've entered the site making asinine claims, and attacking respected when your claims are shown to be BS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The last time I tested NVEnc it was v3.27 and sadly H265 encoding was completely unusable.
    The image quality in black/darker areas was so poor with blocky graphical glitches everywhere.

I'm happy to report things have much improved with NVEnc v4.09 regarding H265 encoding.
    The overall image quality looks a little softer and less sharp compared to a H265 software encode. (I've not played around with VPP filters yet).
    But the black/darker area image quality has been fixed and now looks much better.

It's far from perfect, but the results are now what I call 'acceptable'.

Encoded 1h36m58s 1080p/24 in 12 minutes @ 200fps.
    i7 6700k @4Ghz / 16Gb DDR4 / GTX1080ti (Driver 398.36)
    Quote Quote