VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I read the rules and I am using my encodes for my own personal videos, but there is a particular release group can create conversions that exceed what I am capable of reproducing and I need to know how to reproduce these results.
    I like to push my barriers, seeking the best and doing the best (Obsessive Completion Distinction).

Previously I've examined some conversions available online and was able to reproduce their results using their parameters and StaxRip; not all information was available via MediaInfo (such as preprocessing) but the parameters were listed and I could reproduce their results with a little experimenting and tweaking.

Now a group has started to release conversions that have the following characteristics
    1) Audio - no problem (easy to reproduce; the codec and bitrate are identifiable)
    2) Video - that their bit rate the motion artifacts are minimal, whereas I get some artifacting on extreme motion
    3) MediaInfo has the encoder information stripped (or not recorded at all) regarding the parameters of the x265 encoding.

This is more of a technical analysis so I can convert my videos to the best that I can create.
    I know the rules regarding warez, and I understand that, but I would like to learn how to reproduce their results - purely an technical analysis and not promoting or proliferating warez.

I would like to know if I can state the name of the group (it could help); unless someone could assist me further with this endeavor.

Possibly the exclusion of the x265 encoder parameters could be a clue to the encoder the group is using.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Zones could be used and analysis/comparisons would not help.
    Depending on the source you can do all kinds of filtering denoise, degrain, something here ,addgrain, so again you cannot compare your results as well. You can add grain only in dark areas etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's right, and even if you knew all the settings, it might not help all that much. Making very low bitrate encodings often requires some serious filtering in order not to get the artifacts you're noticing in your own encodes.

And I doubt they're using StaxRip, not that there's anything wrong with StaxRip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe use 10-bit x265?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Start by shooting 24 fps progressive frames with low noise, shallow depth of field, and a stabilized camera. Rather than shaky, noisy, 30i or 60p camcorder video.
    Quote Quote