VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi everyone!

First let me apologize for the thread title, i don't know how to call this, i recorded some videos with my phone but unfortunally forgot to increase the video bitrate beforehand, it resulted in some videos where there's more "movement" having a "jumpy/flicking" background, is there a way of atenuating this effect/artifact"?

What i tried so far:

1- Denoising- made footage look worse

2- duplicated the video on 3 layers and made each layer start 1 frame later than the previous one, gave different opacity levels to each thinking it would blend some frames and atenuate the effect, didn't work

3- in premiere pro select frame blend but it didnt work

I know the "effect/artifacts" cant be removed but i was hoping there would be a way of decreasing the level of the artifacts.

here's a small sample
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbw136605x35cc0/SAMPLE_4K.mp4?dl=1

Thank you
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  2. This isn't perfect but you may consider it an improvement (half size to make it easier to view).

I'm having trouble uploading. I'll try again later.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th Jul 2018 at 12:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jagabo, thanks for the advice.

I also thought resizing to 1080p would get rid of the "artifacts" but it doesnt... i think it might be better to reshoot the whole thing with higher bitrate...lesson learned...take your time to check your settings...

Once again thanks for your help.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Resizing will not get rid of the artifacts. I just did that because I can't view a 4K video at full resolution. And the upload would be smaller. The upload was the result of using the first frame as a base and overlaying the moving parts of the video over it. Then a strong temporal filter was applied. There are some weird motion artifacts -- like the tree at the top of the top center of the frame which jerks around and flickers. Obviously, reshooting is the better solution.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You could reduce the frame rate to match the slow peripheral updates, then interpolate and matte the central area into it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. My opinion: Could be you are using slower storage SD card and your phone might be buffering (not being able to keep up)
    Quote Quote