VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an MKV file that displays 1h55mins when playing in VLC but the problem is I can fast forward the file, I loaded it in MKVToolsNIX and remuxed it but after I did that, I can fast forward the output mkv but the duration is 1h13mins. If I load the original file in Avidemux, the duration of the orignal mkv is 1h13 as well but VLC shows 1h55 and media info shows 1h55 as well. Would anyone know how I can fix the issue? I havent tried to play the original file until 1h13, maybe it stops when it reaches that point I only played the remuxed file until it stopped.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by johnnyh55 View Post
    I havent tried to play the original file until 1h13
    Why not? That's the obvious thing to do. And try playing the original and remuxed files side by side to see if they stay in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by johnnyh55 View Post
    I havent tried to play the original file until 1h13
    Why not? That's the obvious thing to do. And try playing the original and remuxed files side by side to see if they stay in sync.
    Ok so getting another MKV fixed the issue. Is there a way to find out the MKV is corrupt without having to sit through 1h30mins of footage and then realized you can't reach the end?
    Quote Quote