VideoHelp Forum

Try DĚVĚD Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DĚVĚD Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I wanted some help in finding best video editing laptops under $1500. I did some research about MacBook Pro which were not much of an help. Since I this is my first investment on a video editing machine. I need help in finding the best one under budget. If anyone can give an insight about comparison between 2015, 2016 and 2017 Macbook Pro and is it worth buying an older version and get good amount of render times for video post-processing? is there a difference between newer 8gb ram v/s older 16gb ram and does it matter if I buy a 13" MacBook Pro v/s 15"?

Hope to get a satisfactory answers from everyone.

Thank you,
    Amruth Halematha
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wrong forum. Moving you to the Editing Forum. This one is just for latest news.
    And have you considered a Microsoft Laptop?

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the quick reply. As per my research what I came to know is MacBook Pro and Final Cut are the deadly combination for video editing. I may be wrong. If you can throw some light this topic, that would be great.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL maybe if you have balding thin black hair pulled back in a tiny pony tail. mac lost any perceived advantages 10 years ago at least. unless all you know is mac crap it's not ahead of pc stuff.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    LOL maybe if you have balding thin black hair pulled back in a tiny pony tail. mac lost any perceived advantages 10 years ago at least. unless all you know is mac crap it's not ahead of pc stuff.
    LOL...I worked with a guy like that, except he was a blonde back in the day! He was the "tech guy" and forced everyone to get a Mac. Thankfully, since I was in accounting, we stuck with Windows. Also, it was so much easier for me techwise because I would just say "Sorry, I don't know anything about Macs!".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by amruthvh View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply. As per my research what I came to know is MacBook Pro and Final Cut are the deadly combination for video editing. I may be wrong. If you can throw some light this topic, that would be great.

Thank you
    An SSD C: drive helps tremendously. Your editing software should be compliant with Microsoft Query Engine. Vegas was written for Windows natively.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i5, NVIDIA GTX1050 graphics or better
    Quote Quote