VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a software that can allow me to edit my phone number in the video (recorded with a smartphone). The video lasts less than 15 seconds so I was hoping I could just edit every picture (frame by frame) (I know there would be alot of frames) but I don't know what software would be good for that. Any help/deas please?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What you should understand is that your video is NOT composed of frames that have object layers - such as your face & body, the background, your phone, any text on it, a tree, dog, etc - unless you had a very specialty $$$ camera with tri-scopic (or more) depth sensing, machine vision with AI, and more.
    The normal cam just records (not-so-) simple PICTURES of DOTS of color. You don't edit dots with a text editor.

If you have a spot on a recording where there is the IMAGE of a phone with the IMAGE of numbers on it, you could in an editor create a separate layer to mask and another layer to overlay different numbers, and those layers may need to be warped, and animated, to match the perspectives of the original image layer.

All of this requires a powerful, full-blown NLE with FX/processing & compositing capabilities. Or, if you go the frame decomposition route, a similarly powered photo editor. Possibly use a 3D modeling/rendering/anim software to assist.

You might be able to get away with low/no cost options (avidemux, vdub, avisynth, gimp, resolve), but what you gain in economy, you lose in time spent in setup and/or quality. If you are serious about this, we are talking about using the bigger apps: vegas, premiere, after effects, nuke, fcp, edius, media composer, maybe resolve pro, etc. And photoshop.
    And even then, it isn't easy. Much prep and manual work involved.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. So if I'd ask someone to do that as a service for me (sine it seems like I can't handle that) , how much would that cost me?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm having trouble understanding how the phone number is in the video. You have a series of numbers in a certain location and you want to completely remove them? Use a logo remover. It'll leave a blur.

You have a series of numbers in a certain location and you want to replace one or more of the numbers and leave the numbers in the video? Edit the numbers once and replace them throughout the entire video with your edited version.

A sample, or at least a picture, might be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The whole Q. is rather confusing. Well it is for me.

So let's slow this down.

Is the number already in the video and you want to change it or even get rid of it ?

Or

Do you want to put the number in to the video ?

The second one is quite easy to accomplish.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Put a color-filled box over the old number, then create a PNG w/background transparency for the new number.

*Oh, wait, if you only have a single timeline then you cannot composite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Easy to accomplish unless you want it to look natural (IOW, part of the original recording).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Easy to accomplish unless you want it to look natural (IOW, part of the original recording).

Scott
    Right. Somehow I missed that part.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh, I'm just making an assumption. Could be wrong.

Scott
    Quote Quote