VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm fairly new to all this and have been tasked with recording some conferences for the company I work for. After some guidance on what to buy I've come away with a Canon XA30 along with two Sennheiser radio mics.

What I'm trying to get my head around is how the audio is captured if I have both mics connected to the dual XLR inputs on the camera. I understand that I can capture both audio streams but, assuming I have a 64gb SDXC card in the camera and hit record, how can I seperate the two audio streams from the video in post production?

If I'm capturing in AVCHD format and editing in Premiere, does the video and two audio streams appear as three seperate entities?

I am hoping to have a chance to test it this weekend but was curious in the mean time, the instruction manual and my lack of experience doesn't make it obvious.

Many thanks in advance for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by JackSpence View Post
    If I'm capturing in AVCHD format and editing in Premiere, does the video and two audio streams appear as three seperate entities?
    Normally it will show up as a single video+stereo audio stream.

Once imported, it's easy enough to convert the stereo to dual mono within Premiere if you need more control. There are many tutorials on the web.
    Quote Quote