VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been editing videos and authoring DVDs using Pinnacle Studio for over 20 years and have never had this problem. Upgraded to Studio 20 finally (after many years of using Studio 12). Was able to create plenty of DVDs with Studio 20 that worked just fine. However, the last two videos I've created and written to DVD have caused an "incorrect disc" error, even though I've used the same methods for years. The DVDs work fine on the computer and in my old portable DVD player, but give an error in the blu-ray/DVD player and in the TV/DVD combo. Previous DVDs created the same way work fine, as do any DVDs I create using the new DVD menu file with an old rendered file that worked fine (i.e. using the DVD file and just replacing the AVI for chapter 1). Anytime I try to insert any newly created video file, I get an unreadable disc (whether AVI or WMV) Same thing when I write to DVD without a menu ... previously created video works fine, newly created doesn't. Writing RAW video to a DVD works fine, but as soon as I combine it with something else and render it ... the video causes the error. It's when I use the raw video and/or pictures to create a new AVI/WMV that I seem to have a problem. I've tried a new burner and reinstalling Studio, just to check, to no avail. Any ideas? (I can't go back and check the settings I used, because I never deliberately changed them ... I always used the defaults ... ) (Sorry if this is rambling, I've tried so many different things I'm quite at a loss!)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're not accidentally creating a PAL disk instead of NTSC are you? Compare the VOB files from a non-working disk to one that works on mediainfo (text view).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh my goodness! You are my hero! That worked! I don't know how I accidentally changed it, but I changed it back and it works! Thank you!
    Quote Quote